Delivery Times

To try to avoid INR at the expiration of EBays estimated delivery times. I have made the following changes to my listings:

Just changed my handling time to 5 days and added the following Item Specific.

Delivery Times:All stated delivery times are estimates only.

Naturally, I will post on the next business day as usual.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Delivery Times

Great idea, but could it stop some sales going to china as its now up to 17 days to get your parcel , also if it takes 2 weeks to get there ,would the buyer still give you a defect ,even if it got there in the delivery frame, then I sopose ebay would take of your defect ,if delivered in te time frame but still .

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Delivery Times

I'm trying something a little different. When I've posted each Order I not only mark it as "Posted" but I send a message as follows:

"Hello Again, Just a quick note as promised to advise that I posted your order this afternoon.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT EBAY'S ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES ARE COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC & USUALLY INCORRECT. It often takes Australia Post a lot longer to process & deliver your parcels which is completely out of the control of Ebay Sellers.

If you are happy with everything when it arrives please don’t forget to leave me Feedback. If not please contact me.

Kind Regards,

Steve."

Don't know if it do any good but thought it might be worth a try...

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Delivery Times

Hamsy,

Great Idea, perhaps could be toned down a little bit, but still a fantastic bit of customer service.

As I sell Stamp Albums as a PDF file on CD I am sending the PDF file attached to the PayPal email immediately cleared payment is received. Then posting the CD as usual the next day. There is no mention of this on my listing; just a considerate measure to keep my customers happy. Oh! and to help avoid a INR defect.

Its a pity that these work around procedures are necessary to maintain our great customer service when EBay is trying to defect us out of business.

A Large Letter just took 6 weeks to reach Canada, 2 weeks more than EBays estimate.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Delivery Times

Hahah!!! Yes after re-reading it I can see it might be a bit harsh, but I was a little cranky when I wrote the original because I've been getting a lot of enquiries lately regarding postage times.

Thankfully so far none have resulted in bad FB & Defects as all have contacted me direct, but I'm waiting for the first one at any time...

I know that this has been a problem for some time but just lately it seems to have become worse - Don't know if Aust. Post has slowed down or Ebay is revving up the Buyers - or maybe both !?!?!?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply