Delivery estimates and postage confirmation

So, I managed to completely miss the upcoming changes to Auspost costs until today. Not happy... 

Regarding letters, does anyone know whether ebays 'estimated delivery time' will be based on the priority service or the standard service? Are we going to end up forced into using priority stamps to get our items there on time?

It looks like I'll be going to parcels for most of my heavy items, no sense in paying $5.00 for an untracked letter instead of $7.00 for a tracked one. Just trying to figure out what to do with the light stuff.

Also, does anyone know whether printing an ebay postage label will count as shipped on time, or does it specifically need the scan at the post office? I have had far too many parcels arrive late to simply trust the delivery scan, but I'm not happy at the idea of having to line up at the post office to have all my parcels (around 30 a week) scanned either.

I just can't get over ebay's quote on their new shipping rules

"Late Shipment Rate is a new, more objective measure in place to encourage you to use tracking and where you do, reward you by measuring delivery performance based on what you control: sending your item on time."

That sentence, right there, acknowledges that having buyers control whether an item was sent on time is a bad thing, and they're 'rewarding us' by not subjecting us to it if we pay for tracking (i.e., a parcel). Sigh. 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Who knows? 

One hopes they will adjust the current estmates to reflect the nw delivery schedules but then again, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their current estimates anyway.

My last ten sales on one ID, all within Australia and all with 1-2 days handling time.

eBay delivery estimates ranged from 2-5 business days to 2-7 business days.  For several items sold over the weekend, 1-2 days handling means they could be posted Tuesday at the latest, the lower estimate has them arriving same day, as if!.  For an estimate of 2-5 days, you'd be hard-ressed to get it delivered within the same state let alone SA, QLD, VIC and WA (which these were).

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Printing an eBay or C&S label does not count as lodged. You need to have a lodgement scan inside your stated handling time to protect yourself against late delivery by the carrier.
If it arrives outside eBay's estimated delivery date and you do not have a lodgement scan you will be pinged for a late delivery.
So it will now be more important than ever to have that lodgement scan.
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

If you use large letters you will be totally at the mercy of your buyer's answer to the delivery question.
So we are going to watch what happens for a while but may end up pushing out our handling time to counteract this a bit.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

re printing parcel labels and tracking. If you print a label,or manually upload any tracking, and do not have a lodgement scan and delivery shows outside estimate you will get auto defect unless buyer ticks otherwise. Thats right, even if buyer leaves it blank, or leaves no fb at all. Simply having tracking dobs you in unless you have lodgement scan within handling period to prove otherwise.

If using letter rate then you only get a slap if buyer says its late. If they say nothing or dont leave fb it is ignoredd towards your total.

I have hit my 5% limit and all parcels have been same day shipping with ebay labels street box shipped. All Vic to WA, and non of buyers left any fb.

I think they include weekends business days too.

whicjh means if you have 1 day handling you need to be available to go to post office everyday....and join the ques the AP auto system is trying to eliminate

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

so you are better off not uploading tracking. Then ebay will send the buyer a message asking if they received it on time. If they answer yes then you won't get a defect and if they don't answer at all then you don't get a defect either, the way I read it.

.............and to be honest how many buyers are going to be bothered answering?

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I already have someone complaining not received item within ebay eta time, with aust post out of my hands  asking me where is the item,  then tells me its in Sydney ( tracking)  then ask me again where is my item, I told him its in Sydney

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

hi where does estimate delivery  times ever mention aus post times  maybe ebay estimate is between all carriers fastest to slowest, 

if your mail is slow at the moment , i would asume the cheaper version next year  is going to be the same or slower.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Yes lane-ends you will def not be able to use street box postage for your tracked parcels with this new system.

If you do, then the minute it arrives outside the ebay estimated delivery date you will be given a late delivery point regardless of if/not your buyer leaves feedback. You will fall under 5% mark very quickly this way.

So as you say you really have no choice but to line up at the PO with all yoiur parcels, inside your stated handling time, and have them scanned in. Perhaps you need to extend your handling time from 1-day out to three (??) days to give you more time to get this scan.

Once you have this lodgement scan inside your handling time, then the delivery scan does not count and your buyer will not even see the question when they are leaving feedback. So you are therefore protected against carrier problems.

So yes its going to counteract what the PO wants vis-a-vis longer queues.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I can't work out how they come up with the estimates. This is how my last 4 tracked transactions look. I have a 5 day handling time.

Buyer in next town 55km away bought and paid Sunday night. I posted Monday, delivery estimate 21st to 23rd Dec. It arrived overnight.

Buyer in Hobart bought and paid Thurs 10th. I posted Friday 11th. Delivery estimate 21st to 29th Dec

Buyer in rural Vic bought and paid on Sat. I posted Monday. Delivery estimate 22nd to 30th Dec

Buyer in Hunter Valley NSW Bought Wed 9th, paid Sat 12th, posted today. Delivery estimate 22nd to 30th Dec.

I just wish they could deliver as quickly as what they have the last couple of weeks, all year round. 2 days to get something from rural NSW to Brisbane. The rural Vic one above looks like it will arrive tomorrow as it was at Sunshine West this morning (then again, it is Sunshine West!). Overnight to Sydney. 3 days to Adelaide. They're arriving before my handling time is even up! Sadly, it will stop once Christmas has been and gone.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply