Delivery estimates and postage confirmation

So, I managed to completely miss the upcoming changes to Auspost costs until today. Not happy... 

Regarding letters, does anyone know whether ebays 'estimated delivery time' will be based on the priority service or the standard service? Are we going to end up forced into using priority stamps to get our items there on time?

It looks like I'll be going to parcels for most of my heavy items, no sense in paying $5.00 for an untracked letter instead of $7.00 for a tracked one. Just trying to figure out what to do with the light stuff.

Also, does anyone know whether printing an ebay postage label will count as shipped on time, or does it specifically need the scan at the post office? I have had far too many parcels arrive late to simply trust the delivery scan, but I'm not happy at the idea of having to line up at the post office to have all my parcels (around 30 a week) scanned either.

I just can't get over ebay's quote on their new shipping rules

"Late Shipment Rate is a new, more objective measure in place to encourage you to use tracking and where you do, reward you by measuring delivery performance based on what you control: sending your item on time."

That sentence, right there, acknowledges that having buyers control whether an item was sent on time is a bad thing, and they're 'rewarding us' by not subjecting us to it if we pay for tracking (i.e., a parcel). Sigh. 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Strange times ...

I posted a satchel to Victoria late last Friday afternoon ... went in to check the tracking on Wednesday .... it had been delivered on Monday morning !!!  

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

maybe aus post are listening to the people now. maybe the boss wants a raise ,how much is he on now. 

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

it was at Sunshine West this morning (then again, it is Sunshine West!). 

You're right about that tippy. I'm in North West Vic & all my items from interstate now go through Sunshine West AND they are always there for a minimum of 2 days. Don't know why?!? Before this year they use to go through another mail centre, can't remember which one now, & they only had it for ONE day.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

maybe aus post are listening to the people now. maybe the boss wants a raise ,how much is he on now

In 2014, he pocketed $4.6 million

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@falconsportspack wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

it was at Sunshine West this morning (then again, it is Sunshine West!). 

You're right about that tippy. I'm in North West Vic & all my items from interstate now go through Sunshine West AND they are always there for a minimum of 2 days. Don't know why?!? Before this year they use to go through another mail centre, can't remember which one now, & they only had it for ONE day.

Sunshine West in Vic and Chullora in NSW are big black holes. They are notoriously slow and it's not unusual for something to bounce back and forth between the 2 (regardless of final destination) several times. Sellers cringe if they check the tracking number and see either of those 2 sorting centres mentioned.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@falconsportspack wrote:

@joethenuts wrote:

maybe aus post are listening to the people now. maybe the boss wants a raise ,how much is he on now

In 2014, he pocketed $4.6 million

OMG Robot Mad

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Yes lane-ends you will def not be able to use street box postage for your tracked parcels with this new system.

If you do, then the minute it arrives outside the ebay estimated delivery date you will be given a late delivery point regardless of if/not your buyer leaves feedback. You will fall under 5% mark very quickly this way.

So as you say you really have no choice but to line up at the PO with all yoiur parcels, inside your stated handling time, and have them scanned in. Perhaps you need to extend your handling time from 1-day out to three (??) days to give you more time to get this scan.

Bummer for anyone who has a 9-5 job and relies on posting after hours.

The whole principle of potentially penalising sellers by stating they shipped late with no evidence to even say this is completely defamatory.

There are going to be thousands of sellers affected by this who haven't realized yet. Its going to be a nightmare.

Having to go to PO for every shipment is just backwards, and ultimately slows down postage for buyers simply to to cover your butt.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I received a shipment from the US today. Tracking was uploaded when the items were marked as posted. When I went to leave feedback, the question was there. I thought if there was a tracking number you weren't fronted with the question? Of course I ticked yes as the earliest ETA was tomorrow, but I was still shocked to see it.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

That's the other issue.

The buyer still gets to tick 'No' even when the last delivery date, much less the first, hasn't passed.

There is no way they should have the option in those cases as they are not qualified to answer. If they haven't received the item and they are leaving feedback prior to latest 'estimate' that is their look out and eBay should not be giving them the option to trash a seller.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply