Delivery time estimates need to be fixed by eBay

Today I sold and item that has a 1 day handling, and I noticed  that eBay stated  delivery would be "On or before Thursday 24th March.

I check the Australian Post site- from my postcode to buyer’s postcode and it stated: Delivery time estimate 2-6 business days

How can eBay state "On or before Thursday 24th March", there is no way the item will arrive by that date with a one-day handling, so of course the buyer will mark the shipment is late. which will affect seller on the sellers dashboard

With my handling and Australian post estimate it should read 30/3 - there is a big difference.

I have contacted eBay and taken screenshot of the eBay page and Australian post

This error need to be address

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Delivery time estimates need to be fixed by eBay

I use C&S now for all parcels except the BX boxes (slight difference in price on the 500g flat rate satchels, they're 5c more), and what I often do is use the "add items" function to pull the ebay address data, then remove the items so that when the label is paid for, the info doesn't get sent back to eBay (the number isn't uploaded, and the order isn't marked as posted). 

Once it's been posted, I then add the number manually. 

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

I've never tried C& S. most of the things I seem to sell are letter size.
Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Have the postage times been improved I checked a few. large letters, lately and all where 1 week+ before the first date some where localish as in QLD I am sure when I checked before, a few weeks a go, the first date use to be 3-4 days 

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

The dates are all over the place. I posted something to the next town, 55km away, and the estimate was 9-12 days after payment. Someone in Qld bought and paid the same day and the estimate was 8-13 days from payment. The first one arrived the next day and the Qld one took 4 days.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Every cloud has a silver lining -sometimes. I usually post next day, but due to austpost being sooooo slow see some customers rate the delivery against me. Just has a nice email from ebay stating to watch out as my ratings for postage is not so good. Well cannot do better than same or next day. I never checked my seller dashboard till now as thought I was doing great. The good news is now my ratings are down for posting, I no longer am a great ebay seller, according to ebay, and need help, so now I get the free 3 relistings at long last. YIPEEE!! I am very happy, a win win situation for me for the present. A VERY happy ebayer till my cloud bursts. Now need to ask all my customers not to rate the postage against me as I have no control over austpost deliveries, thought that was logical but now know it isn't.  

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

I recently did one of those surveys that eBay sends out periodically and at the end they asked if I was interested in signing up for "Your Say", which is basically doing the occasional survey on different things. I did one tonight which was about a new postage option they are toying with. It's where instead of taking parcels to AP to post, you can drop them off at a supermarket, newsagent, servo, amongst others.

They asked if I would be interested in that service and I said NOPE. They asked why. I said because the risk of postage defects would increase as there is nothing to say these places will send the parcels out daily. They asked what they could do to tempt me to use it. I said to remove the postage defect system because despite what eBay seem to think, sellers have no control of how long something takes to be delivered. Sending via a third party is going to increase the delivery time.

I doubt they'll take any notice of it, but I certainly got my point across about it! The last question was asking if there was a financial incentive would I be interested in trying it. I said yes to that one!

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Like so many here, try extending your handling time to 3 or even 5 days, whilst continuing to post same or next day.

You may find you'll continue to receive defects if you keep your handling time at 1 day.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

They asked if I would be interested in that service and I said NOPE. They asked why. I said because the risk of postage defects would increase as there is nothing to say these places will send the parcels out daily. They asked what they could do to tempt me to use it. I said to remove the postage defect system because despite what eBay seem to think, sellers have no control of how long something takes to be delivered. Sending via a third party is going to increase the delivery time.

I wondered if they would be considering click and drop to match with click and collect. given these outlets already have scanners. Just as long as it is a tracked item and the drop off point had scanned as lodgement that would be ok. It kind of makes sense. I expect it would be limited to prepaid approved AP satchels and boxes though.

I find most AP outlets now are more ok with you just dropping them on the counter and going than they used to be (assuming you are ok to forego a receipt). The extension of that is an after hours drop off box at each AP which is emptied and scanned at start of business next day.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply