Detailed Seller Rating Reports

Hi all

Is it still possible to run a report to see Detailed Seller Ratings for individual transactions, or have eBay removed that feature? 

Thanks

Wyvern

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDCreateDSRReport

Click on that link and change the dropdown at the top to item numbers. Then find 10 feedback that you know gave you 5 stars for everything (within the last 6 months). Insert each of the item numbers for those feedback into the box separated by a comma. When you've got the 10 numbers in, give it a title, e.g 1 and then run the report. Give it a couple of minutes and refresh the page. Keep refreshing until it highlights. If it says no results, it means at least one of those item numbers didn't leave a star rating, so you'll need to find 10 new numbers to try.

If it says completed, click on the title and see what the report says when the box pops up. If each one says 5 stars, you have 10 good numbers. If there is anything that isn't 5 stars, then one of those item numbers is not good. As you don't know which one it is, find another 10 and try them. Once you've got 10 good numbers, keep them. Next to the saved report, click the dropdown "take actions" and click run similar. Now get the item number of the feedback you want to check, remove the last number only and insert the new number and run the report.

If it all comes up as 5 stars, you now know that buyer gave you 5 stars for everything. If it comes up as less than 5, e.g 3 stars for postage costs, you know that buyer gave you 3 stars for postage cost. Repeat the above for other feedback you want to check. Repeat using the original 10 good numbers, remembering to remove the last one to add a new one.

If the report shows as no results, it either means the buyer left no star rating, or they didn't leave stars for all 4 things. Still click on it to check. You'll be able to see which scenario it is.

If I'm checking quite a few feedback (I think you can only check 10 or so a day), I'll put the buyers ID as the title, so if I'm running a heap of reports, I know who owns which report. Generally I'll run the reports and check them once they're all done. If you're checking several feedback from the same buyer, put in their ID and put a 1 or 2 after it as it won't let you use the same name on the same day.

Down the track (12-18 months or so), each time you run a report it will come up as no results (all of them, not just the occasional one). That means that some of the numbers are too old, so you'll need to find a new lot of 10 good ones. The newer you can find them, the longer they will last.

I hope that makes sense! I tend to over explain things sometimes, so hope I haven't confused you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am still able to run reports no problems.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hi Tippy

Thanks for that.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but how do you do it? When I try, it just gives me the average DSRs, not the individual DSRs for each transaction as it did before.

Thanks

Wyvern

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDCreateDSRReport

Click on that link and change the dropdown at the top to item numbers. Then find 10 feedback that you know gave you 5 stars for everything (within the last 6 months). Insert each of the item numbers for those feedback into the box separated by a comma. When you've got the 10 numbers in, give it a title, e.g 1 and then run the report. Give it a couple of minutes and refresh the page. Keep refreshing until it highlights. If it says no results, it means at least one of those item numbers didn't leave a star rating, so you'll need to find 10 new numbers to try.

If it says completed, click on the title and see what the report says when the box pops up. If each one says 5 stars, you have 10 good numbers. If there is anything that isn't 5 stars, then one of those item numbers is not good. As you don't know which one it is, find another 10 and try them. Once you've got 10 good numbers, keep them. Next to the saved report, click the dropdown "take actions" and click run similar. Now get the item number of the feedback you want to check, remove the last number only and insert the new number and run the report.

If it all comes up as 5 stars, you now know that buyer gave you 5 stars for everything. If it comes up as less than 5, e.g 3 stars for postage costs, you know that buyer gave you 3 stars for postage cost. Repeat the above for other feedback you want to check. Repeat using the original 10 good numbers, remembering to remove the last one to add a new one.

If the report shows as no results, it either means the buyer left no star rating, or they didn't leave stars for all 4 things. Still click on it to check. You'll be able to see which scenario it is.

If I'm checking quite a few feedback (I think you can only check 10 or so a day), I'll put the buyers ID as the title, so if I'm running a heap of reports, I know who owns which report. Generally I'll run the reports and check them once they're all done. If you're checking several feedback from the same buyer, put in their ID and put a 1 or 2 after it as it won't let you use the same name on the same day.

Down the track (12-18 months or so), each time you run a report it will come up as no results (all of them, not just the occasional one). That means that some of the numbers are too old, so you'll need to find a new lot of 10 good ones. The newer you can find them, the longer they will last.

I hope that makes sense! I tend to over explain things sometimes, so hope I haven't confused you.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi Tippy

Thanks very much. I actually did something similar, running all items in the last 90 days, then subtracting the item numbers one by one, but your way is much better.

It used to be so much easier, but I'm guessing they had too many complaints from Buyers blocked for giving consistently low DSRs

Best wishes

Wyvern

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply