Did someone mention family tax cuts?

Least sales over night in a long time.

Thinking the talk of cutting the Family Tax A & B to over 13yo kids has spooked a few customers?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Did someone mention family tax cuts?

Long bow.

Given they'd be more likely to buy used, rather than new, books IF it gets through the Senate.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

2 major banks have now increased their home loan rates too. one last week and the other followed yesterday..yay..

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Actually, I work (day job) at a large retailer and our sales are significantly up on previous years'. We've had a few people lay-bying for Christmas because we've had recent toy sales, but I don't think it'll really take off until after Halloween.

Some years it inexplicably starts later. Hopefully, it also takes off here. Thus far, nobody has touched my recently listed Christmas merchandise.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Never thought about the interest rates rising. Every factor hurts consumer confidence. I remember Joe Hockey bringing down a terrible budget update 2 x weeks before Christmas that shot consumer confidence in the foot at the most unappropriate time of the year. Hoping our new PM and treasurer sure up consumer confidence.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply