Different answers and different information from eBay agents?

dexkat
Community Member

Hi does anybody else have trouble getting the same story from eBay agents when on the chat or on the phone? I have been getting different information continuously! I was told to use eBay shipping labels consistently when trying to get my payment hold lifted due to being a new seller. Told that if I use them along with all the other best seller practices (which I have...I have all positive feedback so far! And now that I have used them...the story now is being changed

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I would rather nail my eyelids to the carpet than contact eBay CS... it would be less painful.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=481...

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

As the answer on your other post

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Payouts-after-using-eBay-postage-labels/m-p/2553934#M231458

You only have 4 feedback

You are still considered new

The CS agents cannot over-ride the same policies that apply to everyone

They simply type from whatever script they can find that is 'closest' to the question asked 

Who told you about the shipping labels ?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe if you open a 3rd thread you will get a answer that is suitable to you.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It does not matter which labels you use,  the items tracking must show delivered, plus the buyer must have left +FB.  You can then request funds be released early, but it is solely at ebays discretion.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Do you mean the 4 hours and 12+ operators I went through and then was eventually able to find my way to the right person (aka management) who was able to see the problem and confirm there would be an issue and how to avoid the issue... yes

This is going to sound stupid from someone "new" but... go into Payments and click to update your bank account details. Put in the exact same account details. On the screen where it says Check your details are correct make sure that your bank name is displaying correctly. In my case the BSB entered was for Bendigo/Adelaide Bank but the Bank Name was showing as ANZ.  

Also, found out that some banks and type of transaction accounts are NOT supported by eBay. If I had ignored the wrong bank name then it was highly likely that I'd end up with payment holds and unless you get properly escalated it will be hard to fix. This payment hold issue is most commonly seen when the account being used is a 'virtual' digital account.  These days we can open digital accounts quite easily with our current bank but these are often a problem. It was strongly encouraged to use your 'main account' or the one that you got when you had to go into the bank to open account.

Please give the feedback directly to eBay. My issue was only solved when I got an amazing operator who actually thought about what I was saying, then did some research and transferred me to leadership department.  I'd say that this isn't somewhere most people get transferred to but he did and I did make sure he got appropriately recognised so eBay employ more people like him vs people who answer phones.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@ourcre8tions,

I’m really at a bit of a loss.

That is BASIC information for new sellers. The responders here post the information about being properly verified (both ID and bank account) over and over again. The help page to which we often refer “new” sellers is https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792 - which specifically addresses the bank account question. We remind new sellers that they must use an everyday transaction account with their name - same as the name they use for their eBay account, and to make sure all of the details are correct.

For you to be lauding a CS staff member for this information is worrying, because it tells me you haven’t read the basic eBay help pages on selling. That CS staff member does deserve praise for getting the relevant information from you so as to be able to give you the answer, and I’m glad your question (the real underlying one) could be resolved.

I hope you will make the effort to read through that help page (and all of the seller help pages). Post on the boards for additional advice/help/suggestions, but in the meantime, it’s clear that your opening post didn’t explain the actual issue, which is why no one here pointed you to the relevant help page.

(None of us realised what question it was that you were actually asking…)

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Sugar249... Is this an advice/solution or merely a sarcastic comment?  Been reading your comments, it always seems to be the same.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Why go through all that?

The exact same information has been posted by other members right here on the forum, many many times 

It would have taken you mere seconds to search here and find what it took you half a day and many agents to tell you

Any feature sellers wondering on this need not waste so much time to find accurate information

Which you were very VERY lucky to receive from eBay cs at all

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

@ourcre8tions,

but in the meantime, it’s clear that your opening post didn’t explain the actual issue, which is why no one here pointed you to the relevant help page.

(None of us realised what question it was that you were actually asking…)

Good morning & Merry Christmas.

This member does not appear to be the OP... this appears to be their first post on the boards.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply