Direct debit fee for non sale

siba_9851
Community Member

In January this year I posted a Tommy Hilfiger jacket that was bidded for and sold to REMOVED.

The buyer did not pay for the goods after auction and still has not payed. eBay tried to direct debit the commission from the sale from my bank account. 

Because the the sale fell through and no money was in my bank account, I incurred a $5.00 bank fee for a non compliant direct debit.

can you please explain why this happened?

Regards

Simon Bain

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Simon, you need to get in touch with eBay customer support either by phone or online chat - we are just other eBay users here and no one from eBay themselves will see or respond to your message.
Also, you're not allowed to post your buyer's name here - that will get removed by a mod.
Anyway, if a buyer doesn't pay, you need to 'Report an unpaid item' which will lead to the final value fee being credited back to your eBay account balance.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@siba_9851 wrote:

In January this year I posted a Tommy Hilfiger jacket that was bidded for and sold to Liam941944.

The buyer did not pay for the goods after auction and still has not payed.

Simon, why did you post the item before it was paid for?

As far as eBay is concerned the sale went through.  Therefore, they want their fees.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I am guessing OP means posted it online as an ad.

siba, eBay has no way of knowing the buyer didn't come and collect paying cash.

It is up to you to do either a cancellation or an unpaid item case to get your fee back.

You have 32 days after sale date to do that.

I suggest you call eBay so they don't try to get their fees again.

eBay is mostly an automated computer system with no people.

I suggest you read the rules for selling and buying before trying again.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

gotta love the English language

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That's what  picking a non-ambiguous term is for. Like 'listed', 'uploaded' 'created'. Or even leave it out altogether, as a listing needs to be posted/uploaded/listed/created before a sale can take place.They are capable of making up a word, so that shouldn't be a stretch.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply