Direct deposit

Hi everyone, yesterday I deposited money into a company's bank account. The bank" they" use is Westpac, not my bank. Today they say the money hasn't cleared yet. How can that be,when the money has gone directly into their account and their bank?
Any answers would be appreciated. .Thankyou
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Direct deposit

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

DId you physicallly deposit the cash over the counter or was it an internet transfer?

If it was an internet transfer it can take a few days to clear.  If cash over the counter it should show immediately.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

Hi, it was cash over the counter.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

However, I am in Melbourne, they (the company ) are in Sydney? ? ?
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

I do hope you realise that you have no buyer protection at all by paying with bank deposit.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

@falcongtho19685 wrote:
However, I am in Melbourne, they (the company ) are in Sydney? ? ?

It makes no difference at all where the company is or what branch of the bank you deposit into.

Unfortunately you may have just found out the hard way that there are dishonest sellers on ebay and you have no buyer protection.

Have you rechecked that the deposit was made to the correct account number and name.  Just one digit out and the money will not go to the correct account.   Check the details on the receipt very carefully.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

Mmmmmm, I have the receipt from the bank. I don't think there are going to be any problems . If it does turn out negative, Office of Fair Trading or the likes,will be mentioned to the company. As well as some negative reviews.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

Everything numbers wise is correct.
I'll wait and see what happens.
Thankyou for replies.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

Hopefully you were able to put a reference on the transaction with the bank? Don't loose that bank receipt!!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Direct deposit

I did, and I will not.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply