Disgraceful competitors on ebay

joaust72
Community Member

I found some sellers (maybe same one) stole my product picture and listed multiple times with cheaper price on eBay. Very frustrated. This is a very disgraceful behavior. I hope ebay can solve this issue (have been reported but not sure how long will it take). 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

So? watermark them so nobody steals them

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

they might be doing so WITH the permission of eBay via the “Images and text policy”

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/images-text-policy?id=4240

From that page:

What should I do if my image or text is being used by another member?

When you create listings you give eBay and its members permission, through our User Agreement, to use your images and product details. Your content may be added to the eBay product catalogue, and may be used by other sellers in their eBay listings.

You may contact the member and ask them to remove your image or text from their listing if it is not part of the eBay product catalogue.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Other sellers are selling the same items at a cheaper asking price?

That is not how eBay works at all!

How very dare they!

How long ago did you contact the sellers and request that  stop using 'your' photos?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Just a quick question, I use transfer sheets and other items you are listing and the one's I have managed to purchase are all made in China, even from BM crafting stores.

No big deal, but your listings are showing the Australian flag - suggesting made in Australia, just thought I would mention it because misrepresentatiion is also a less than honorable practice

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply