Disgusted with ebays service

Hi , I’m totally disgusted and appalled at the way eBay has treated me . I’ve got all conversations details and also chats. The last phone call they kept me on phone for over an hour just to tell me there was a problem with updating my account details so I was promised that a supervisor would call me and help me update my bank details. No one called . This happened many times. They still have my money . After explaining I have a serious heart condition and that I liked eBay when PayPal was the way to receive money . Since they changed I have lost sales and money and I needed the last lot to pay heart care . I spoke to Sarah the last time on 2nd July  she even gave me a reference number and promised to call me back on the following Tuesday , it never happened , sick of calling them so disappointed and disgusted in their negligence 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Customer service are useless for the most part.

If you are an irregular seller, then Ebay holds your money for a set number of days (I think 30 days). This is standard practice and would be something that is in their terms and conditions.

You sold some pretty high value items in June, so Ebay wants to know that you are trustworthy by inputting the tracking numbers and confirming that buyers have received their items. Did you upload tracking?

Your heart condition is not relevant to the situation, as the seller guidelines are quite clear and apply to anyone who only sells from time to time. 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I’m just super impressed you have actually been able to speak to eBay customer service, how hell did you do that since they hide their numbers and their email or any other forms of genuine contact. You could sell those details of the phantom eBay customer service contact details and make a fortune!

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I think they are losing a lot of buyers and sellers which may account for the numerous eBay ads on television.  They should have left small sellers alone and let them continue with Paypal. I was happy how it was and would be happy to only sell to those who have Paypal.  Now they get no money from me now that I no longer sell.  I  do not want to learn a new system and not happy about all the personal details they want to store offshore.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Agreed (see my post on this same thread). I've been an eBay member since 2005. Never had a complaint from a buyer and never had a negative review.

After two hours on their chat window, speaking to SIX different people, I was basically told I'm guilty of selling fakes (which I'm not) and that I have to prove my innocence to them, without them supplying any resources for me to do so!

Does anyone know of another auction based site that DOESN'T treat small sellers of their own personal goods like criminals?!

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I will no longer be using ebay to purchase goods - I have had issues with 3 purchases, sat on chat lines, waited for a staff member and NOT ONE has assisted with the complaints.  The seller either ignores the contacts or comes back with some weird language but quite clearly will not assist with faulty goods

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

eBay gives the buyer tools to get their money back with the Money Back Guarantee and Paypal with their Resolution Centre. There's no need to go to the chat lines for items not delivered or items not as described.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/visit-the-resolution-centre-to-see-the-next-steps-for-yo...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

So did you at ever point actually follow the correct process to get your money back?

Or just do your own thing ?

You make no mention of opening an item not as described dispute at all

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@pennismum wrote:

I will no longer be using ebay to purchase goods - I have had issues with 3 purchases, sat on chat lines, waited for a staff member and NOT ONE has assisted with the complaints.  The seller either ignores the contacts or comes back with some weird language but quite clearly will not assist with faulty goods

As others have said, if you have a problem, you need to open an ebay claim rather than sit around on chat lines. If you open a claim, you should be able to get your money back.

I'm a bit puzzled by your comment that you've had issues with 3 purchases as all your feedback to others in the last 5 years has been positive.

If you have had  bad buying experiences lately, it may have been useful to other buyers to give negative or neutral feedback to the seller.

What you may need to do though is look to see if there is any common thread with the sales that didn't work out. You say they came back to you in some weird language.

Were you buying from China or from other overseas sellers?

Were you buying similar sorts of items eg electrical

Did the sellers have good feedback?

If you do see a common factor, avoid those sorts of purchases. Maybe buy from Australian sellers or whatever. It isn't all that common to have bad experiences on ebay any more but there are some areas where it is riskier to buy on ebay, for sure.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply