Dishonest ebayer gets away with defamatory feedback

I sold a dress from Bariano, new with tags, $365 for $40. 

Buyer leaves negative feedback, "poor condition". They file paypal dispute describing dress in appalling condition in about six ways. They wouldn't return dress Now re-selling dress in "very good condition". This is Impossible comparing the two sets of comments. They are dishonest. Using my pictures to re-sell too. Ebay won't remove defamatory feedback or report the listing. 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Dishonest ebayer gets away with defamatory feedback

Hi DG,

Waited for a response citing this policy from ebay and decided to follow up having received no reply.

Talking to ebay CSO who is emphatic that there is no such policy that if a seller wins a paypal dispute the defect should be removed. 

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

If you can stand it, try (try and try) again. 

I know it's incredibly frustrating, I have hopped on and off the merry-go-round a few times, sometimes to no avail, other times I eventually got on / off at just the right time. 

Sorry my link to the policy wasn't right in my last post - seems I gave the link to the help page instead. Here is the actual policy, and you can show this to any CS rep who tries to lie (or is too lazy to make themselves aware of the site policies) and say it doesn't exist:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defect-removal.html

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Try getting a call back - I have found that those CS reps seem to be a little more knowledgeable than those that answer inbound calls.

Fourth para down of the lined policy DG has posted above:

"This policy outlines when we will remove defects from your performance evaluation and any related Feedback from your Feedback profile."

and further down the page:

Can a defect be removed?

"We automatically remove defects from a seller's performance evaluation, and the Feedback related to the defect from the seller's Feedback profile, in the instances described in these guidelines."

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

Hi DG & The Catnips and thanks again 🙂

Yes I found the link in the end and read it out over and over but it was like talking to a brick wall.

The CSO said they even read the discussion forum!!!!

They still don't seem to get it. 

I asked for a supervisor but no luck.

It was a call back ....

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

lol catnips Cat Tongue

gawd CS they could just do your head in

If you are persistant enough keep trying and getting call backs, you will strike a rep that understands eBay policies and remove it eventually Cat Frustrated

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

oh..lol..sorry..not catnips 🙂

Maybe the typo was because thats what I need after having these discussions with ebay!!!

Will soldier on

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

Supervisor sad they were going to ring to ring me back having perused the policy.

'called me and phone dropped out,. 

Supervisor didn't ring back. 

More than a day later I ring and am transferred to supervisor. 

They said "I don't know anything about your case" (previous CSRs have so many emails, and further said they would be putting all information before supervisor including policy cited and discussion forum).

"I have no  background of your concern"

Me: "why is that you have no background when I have written about ten emails, it's been three months, and the matter was esacalated to you, there have also been about 10 calls and nobody ever rings me back?:"

Supervisor: "I don't have any background. I havn't been informed"

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

Sounds positively painful. 😞

This is exactly the kind of reason why I once said I'd rather get 1000 paper cuts and dip my hands in lemon juice than talk to eBay CS. Smiley Surprised

Sorry I can't provide much more than empathy, but I hope (if you persist) that you can break through their stonewalling. 

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

1,000 paper cuts and lemon juice? I think a Sulfuric acid bath would be more satisfying! Or even battery acid thrown in your face.

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

DG and to all who helped thank you. 

Finally the CSR acted on what should have been a very straightforward application of clear policy ...after some months and many phone calls. 

Thanks again. Great community. 

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply