Do I need an ABN to register for myPost business?

Hi all,

I'm a personal seller and have no intentions of upgrading to an eBay Store anytime soon as I'm mostly selling my personal items, and not reselling/selling for a profit. 

I have had some bad experiences with Sendle (either losing or very late deliveries), and am interested in myPost business (specifically in the service of them picking up directly from my house). 

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if you register for a Australia Post MyPost account, do you need an ABN and/or eBay Store? I assume they need to be linked in order for the labels to be available to print via an eBay Store?

Also, how do you find the service? Is it reliable?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You don't need an ABN.

You can link your eBay store. Not sure about non-store accounts, as mine aren't linked. If you link, you will import the eBay identifier, which can cause havoc with the overall address. As there are few of the 23 digits in the tracking number that vary, I update my records manually.

I have no experience of pickup, sorry.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You will have to check if they offer pickup in your area,  they don't for us and it seems to vary suburb by suburb

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Neither an ABN  or ebay store are required, but as sugar has stated you will have to check if pickup service will be available to you.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

bmanly3
Community Member

I agree, I have the Aust Post Business and I was encouraged to sign up last year by the Postal Manager. She said that if I sell on ebay that's good enough for them to put me on the Business Account. No store or ABN needed. But in all honestly I don't use it anymore as I am so casual a sender that buying satchels in bulk of 10 items works out cheaper for me. i. e. If you are on Band 1 then it is cheaper to send to a rural address with a pack of pre paid satchels than what the Band 1 discount is. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply