Do ebay bother ?

After noticing many times that there must be a major problem here, I called ebay and notified them about it. That was over 2 week ago. Item 261514010186 ( checkout the feedback )   Still they have not bothered to do anything. IMO it really does show  that they just don't bother / care !! Rant over. 😞

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Do ebay bother ?

Looks like something has happened to the seller

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

if something had happened to the seller that is sickness or something then no one would have got items.There are a few who have got them and have left + feedback. there are also offers been accepted ,although those could have been auto accept.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

funny how people are allowed to say carp in feedback but not in the forums!

Maybe he is really in China... some of them had their internets blacked out so they couldn't find out what was happening in Hong Kong..

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

Most certainly. 😞  Surely though, they could suspend the acc ? It doesn't look good at all for ebays reputation.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

People often assume something may have happened to a seller, but if that were the case, i would expect all trading to stop suddenly and a rash of negatives to follow after that.

But in this case, there are 67 negatives, spread over 12 months, with 30 of them in the last month. Not all the negatives are for item not received, a lot are for faulty or poor quality items, slow delivery, lack of communication.

There are also quite a few neutrals-- and even some of the positives over the last month haven't been what i would call glowing.

So he's around alright. He may be based overseas but one thing's plain, he's not chatty and doesn't respond quickly to messages.

I usually think of it this way. An ebay seller might get sick or even die so yes, things could be left hanging if they had items for sale at the time.

But usually people who are sick do get a chance to get back online. Sometimes you hear of  buyers who take time to message sellers that they are too sick to pay and you can't help but wonder... if you have time to come online to say you are sick, you have time to pay via paypal.

Same with sellers. If they have been sick, I would expect them to contact buyers and let them know the reason for the delay and perhaps pull down any current ads.

I would conclude that this seller is probably okay but his products aren't all they are cracked up to be. Even if you get them!

Boy, if there is one thing I would avoid on ebay it is anything to do with phones, cases, people always seem to be unhappy about them.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

The 67 negatives are mostly in the last 2 months, the way eBay has now hidden the dates of feedback disguises this.

I doubt the seller is still around, there is now only a trickle of postives coming in from sales that were most likely 50+ days ago.

I purchased a phone cover from this seller when it was first posted about, and I ain't heard nothing from the seller, not an invoice, not an unpaid case, nothing.

eBays inaction on at least suspending the account is quite obvious in this case.  Buyers can still purchase from a seller that clearly has much, much more than 0.03% of disputes not resolved by seller.

Once again, eBay hurts buyer confidence by their own inability to apply their own policies in a timely fashion for a safe trading environment.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

go-tazz
Community Member

I've just had it escalated to Trust & Safety via Live Help.

So maybe they'll do something about it,pardon.gif

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Do ebay bother ?

I wish you the best of luck Tazz, but given that eBay have done absolutely nothing about this seller for several weeks during which scores of members have contacted CS to complain (myself included), I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply