Do people read the postage options before buying

bene308
Community Member
So I have sold an item that is pick up only and I have the pick up times listed. The buyer bought the item and wanted to pick the item up in the week because it's school holidays. I can't do that and clearly had weekend pick up in the discription. Now they want it posted I game them a cost now they are saying they get things cheaper overseas delivered. I just wish that if people don't want to pick up they wouldn't buy.
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Clearly not everyone does which must be frustrating.  I automatically rule out pick up because it may be difficult to agree on a time and date.  Better not to bother at all than to be a pain about it.

It's not a picnic either for buyers who do read the postage options.

I read the postage info - both in the postage tab and also the posting details sometimes buried in the item description (which might not match what is written elsewhere, drat it)....and I still get caught out.  Specifically by sellers who only post by registered mail/signed for but don't say so.  I've also struck a couple who say Aust Post and then deliver by courier.  Grrrrrr.

I guess we've all had occasions to gripe about postage instructions sometimes. Man Frustrated

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Justr send an invoice with the postage which I shouldn't imagne will be too much, surely it will fit in a large satchel or at worst a B4 box.  If they don't pay within 4 days open an unpaid item dispute.

Your listing is a bit strange as you would obviously prefer cash if a buyer picks up but only offer Paypal as a payment method in the payments tab..

Your listing does clearly say when pick up must be however my eye was immediately drawn to the dreadful text speak which has absolutely no place in a description and I too may have missed anything else.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply