Do sellers get paid in full straight up with afterpay?

jsdsgn
Community Member

Hi all

I have searched online for a while regarding this question, I think I may know the answer but havent found anything in concrete yet and I need to know.

I noticed on my listings that afterpay is offered to potential buyers. Im comfortable with this as long as I get my money straight up.

a) Does 100% of the money go to me straight away and then the buyer pays off afterpay afterwards?

OR

b) Do I have to receive a quarter of the money at the time and potentially send off an item when I havent been paid yet?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do sellers get paid in full straight up with afterpay?

It's A.

Seller gets paid normally and buyer pays off Afterpay.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

It's A.

image host
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

It's A.

Legend. Thankyou so much.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@jsdsgn wrote:

Hi all

I have searched online for a while regarding this question, I think I may know the answer but havent found anything in concrete yet and I need to know.

I noticed on my listings that afterpay is offered to potential buyers. Im comfortable with this as long as I get my money straight up.

a) Does 100% of the money go to me straight away and then the buyer pays off afterpay afterwards?

OR

b) Do I have to receive a quarter of the money at the time and potentially send off an item when I havent been paid yet?

Thanks.

You didn't search real hard. It is clearly explained in the eBay announcement re same.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

I was just checking my listings that go round & round that you sort of forget about & saw afterpay as an option.

Pretty disgusting by ebay if you ask me to not ask permission.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

What difference does it make to you, you still get paid the full amount straight away. If buyers are going to use it hopefully they won't get into debt over using it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

@homeopathmichele57 wrote:

I was just checking my listings that go round & round that you sort of forget about & saw afterpay as an option.

Pretty disgusting by ebay if you ask me to not ask permission.

Why should ebay ask your permission for a buyer to use a certain payment method?   It is not your concern.....your only concern is getting paid, not how the buyer funds that payment.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I totally get that the seller gets 100% of the amount straight away.  What I would like to know is how does it actually work? So... if the buyer didn't use paypal,  then ebay are paying directly to your paypal account for the purchase amount? 

Has anyone had a buyer use afterpay?  

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Ebay don't pay to your PayPal account the buyer does.

When a buyer uses afterpay the seller receives the money straight away from Afterpay but the buyer gets to pay the full amount off in 4 fortnightly repayments which is owed to Afterpay as Afterpay are the ones that pay the seller straight away.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

I have never used Afterpay but as I understand it you select Afterpay when you go through checkout and this takes you to your Afterpay account where you complete your payment as normal.

Paypal processes this payment and sends the seller the entire amount and you complete the payments to Afterpay under your account terms.

If anyone knows differently please feel free to correct me.....I used my Friend Google to get this information and I may well have misunderstood it.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply