Do you think this is Paypal jibberish or not

I had a chargeback request from paypal. I sent in the Tracking Number etc (that's all they asked for), decision pending. Received an email today stating that they have removed the funds permanantly from my account, case closed.

So I copied the email from Ebay with the sale, a copy of the Paypal email stating they have paid and the proof of delivery from the courier. Armed with all my information, I called paypal and absolutely blew the ....... out of the poor girl on the other end. I said I want my funds back in my account immediately bla bla bla, I have proof.

She told me that's the banks decision that they closed the dispute and they have yet to decide whether I have enough evidence. I had to email all the info to them.

Within 5 minutes of sending the email, I received one back saying the funds have been reversed in my favour.

I actually didn't know that the banks closed the pending disputes instead of Paypal. Has anyone heard of this or were they telling me porkies.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Do you think this is Paypal jibberish or not

That is actually true, that the banks make the final decision based on the evidence provided.  (If it ever happens again, it might be better to submit absolutely everything you have to start with, as not only could that avoid having to get PayPal to reverse funds when you're eligible for protection, it might mean the bank can see the chargeback is fraudulent, which would probably be a better outcome in instances where that is the case). 

PayPal seller protection basically means that no matter what the bank decides, any payment reversal will be funded by PayPal.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply