Return labels

OK told a buyer will generate a return label, as have done labels for posting before thought would be no drama,must be incorporated in the return system, well it is not, so good one Ebay, you say contact buyer and send a return label, so how the hell does one do that? , this system is carp, proboably easier just to send them a payment for postage via Paypal, anybody worked out how to do this ?

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Return labels

Use click & send to create a pdf label you can email to the buyer or send them a prepaid, ready addresses AP satchel through the snail mail system.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Return labels

Thanks PJ just as i thought clunky not well thought out system, should be incorporated into the return system as a option if you want to to it that way, as not registered with click and send, and mailing it, as you say snail mail, by the time the buyer gets that they might escalate the return and automatically get a refund and keep the item as well, not worth it, so did the good old way sent them a payment via PP to cover postal and handling costs.

Cheers

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Return labels

I think I read somewhere that ebay are going to introduce a return label service for Australia but I could just be dreaming lol.

This feature is available in the US & UK but possibly because their postal systems are more up to date and on line friendly than AP's.

It only takes a few seconds to sign up to click & send so not really a problem if you don't have an account already.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Return labels

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I think I read somewhere that ebay are going to introduce a return label service for Australia but I could just be dreaming lol.

Not quite, unfortunately. They're introducing a function for a seller to upload shipping labels and info to the request system, but the seller still has to process and pay for it independently (according to the info, it has to be an image, too, not a pdf, though that might change when implemented). 

Apparently in some circumstances the buyer does get the option to process a return label via eBay (AU), but I have no idea what those specific circumstances have to be (as a seller, I had to buy and email the labels through C&S both times I've had a return request and been responsible for return shipping). 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Return labels

Nice to know I have such imaginative dreams DG lol. Rather suspected it would be too good to be true. Must say I would just use the click & send option if the situation arrises, very simple and easy to do.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply