Does a buyer have the right to cancel their order within an hour?

According to my buyer this was told to her by ebay....that she has an hour after she purchased to cancel regardless if she has paid or not. This buyer has send 100 questions (well not quite) today and wanted international post even though that ship has sailed long ago. She also wanted more items at a cheaper price but then didnt want them... it went on and on.

Then wanted to cancel based on the fabric even though it was clearly stated in the listing.

I dont care, I have blocked her and she will not buy from me again, but I just need to know the hour thingy...People on here are super helpful so I thought this is the best avenue! Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@jambarley wrote:

According to my buyer this was told to her by ebay....that she has an hour after she purchased to cancel regardless if she has paid or not. This buyer has send 100 questions (well not quite) today and wanted international post even though that ship has sailed long ago.

This is an option available on the US site, and it isn't an automated cancellation process, it's a request that the seller can then deny or accept, so technically no buyer can actually cancel a transaction regardless of the feature being available, they can only ask for it, and wait to see if the seller agrees (by virtue of the process being automated, however, the majority of buyers see it as an instruction, not a request).

Here's the info from eBay.com:

Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer

A buyer can request to cancel a transaction within 1 hour of purchasing the item, even if they've already paid for the item.

When a buyer asks to cancel a transaction, you have 3 days to approve or decline the request.

If you approve the cancellation request and the buyer has already paid for the item, you have 10 days to refund the buyer.

If your buyer cancels a purchase, they can't leave you negative or neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings about the transaction.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#cancel

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

sadly, I think so...will try & find the link
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If she was able to do it, then the answer must be 'yes'.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

this is what I found:
https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?&query=3186

but I think there's a new rule - can't find it....maybe someone with more knowledge will come along
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@jambarley wrote:

According to my buyer this was told to her by ebay....that she has an hour after she purchased to cancel regardless if she has paid or not. This buyer has send 100 questions (well not quite) today and wanted international post even though that ship has sailed long ago.

This is an option available on the US site, and it isn't an automated cancellation process, it's a request that the seller can then deny or accept, so technically no buyer can actually cancel a transaction regardless of the feature being available, they can only ask for it, and wait to see if the seller agrees (by virtue of the process being automated, however, the majority of buyers see it as an instruction, not a request).

Here's the info from eBay.com:

Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer

A buyer can request to cancel a transaction within 1 hour of purchasing the item, even if they've already paid for the item.

When a buyer asks to cancel a transaction, you have 3 days to approve or decline the request.

If you approve the cancellation request and the buyer has already paid for the item, you have 10 days to refund the buyer.

If your buyer cancels a purchase, they can't leave you negative or neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings about the transaction.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#cancel

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

..she hasn't cancelled, she said I 'need' to cancel it ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks all! So helpful as always ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If it were me I would definitely cancel the transaction selecting the option that the buyer had asked for it and refund straight away if they had already paid.  If you refuse then the chances are they will open a dispute when they receive the item and leave you carp feedback. You have already blocked them so once the cancellation has gone through you no longer have to have any dealings with them.

The only time I would refuse a cancellation is if the item had already been posted. Better no sale than an unhappy and perhaps vengeful buyer.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

yes ,  the buyer has requested to cancel. 

the seller has to start the cancellation

its easy -- right side under more - just find  - cancel order -  and select  - buyer wants to cancel

ebay will contact the buyer to confirm and then the refund is automatic - ( if paypal )

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply