Does anyone else find it annoying that the Visitor Counter is no longer available

I just found out that the Visitor Page Counter is no longer an option to include in a listing.

Anyone else unhappy about this??

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Does anyone else find it annoying that the Visitor Counter is no longer available

go-tazz
Community Member

@b.i.d.buyqld wrote:

I just found out that the Visitor Page Counter is no longer an option to include in a listing.

Anyone else unhappy about this??

It's still there in standard view as views/watchers eg: 6 at the top means 6 views,(visitors) and 0 in the bottom

means no watchers.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

tazz, I think OP means being able to see it at the bottom of a listing.

So buyers can see it as well.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/counters.html

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

They did away with that counter  as no one believed them as they seemed fudged,(similar to the watchers and

views),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I don't know if it serves much of a purpose.

Sellers can see count in their selling list to determine what items seem to be hot.

Perhaps some items that have a very high view count may prompt a buyer to make an offer for fear of losing out.

Personally I think it an unneccessary graphic and if it means eBay will run smoother then I'm for it's demise.

image host
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I turned mine off as it was no ones business but mine how many had looked at my items. They are easily fudged to increase the amount by clicking on your own listings several times a day. In the space of a week it could easily be bumped up to 100 views if you so desire.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

They did away with that counter  as no one believed them as they seemed fudged,(similar to the watchers and

views),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Checked views and it says 6

Checked the visitor counter,(at the bottom below ask a question) and it says 4

Capture.PNG 12.PNG

Checked the visitor counter with my other ID and it says 10

Capture.PNG

So the counter is still there on my standard listing,(but the figures are al different as it all depend how you

look and the highest is when a "potential" buyer looks,eg: the figures are fudged),tease.gif

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes it is very annoying !! Arrogance !
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

How do you figure arrogance??

It's active content that had to be removed.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Not to mention it apparently happened 18 months ago. One might wonder why it has taken the bumper 18 months to notice, if it is important to them.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply