Does anyone else think that eBay's fees require revisiting.

Ebay charges 10.9% (including GST) on the final value amount of your sale including the postage and handling costs. I have been informed by Ebay that this is due to some sellers listing items for a small value and then charging exhorbitant postage costs to get around paying as much in GST. Ebay's answer is to charge everyone GST on postage regardless of whether you are doing the right thing or not. My postage and handling costs are worked out as per Australia Post's fees and this is my cost to post items in Australia These fees already include GST so in effect we are paying the GST twice on postage. It may not be as big an issue for those with stores but when you are just trying to sell your childs's toys so they can make a bit of extra money it seems rude that Ebay wants to take so much of it. 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Does anyone else think that eBay's fees require revisiting.

EBay won't give 2 hoots whether you leave or not. If you're getting hit with $70 for each sale, then you're obviously earning a lot more in sales than plenty of others here.

Spoiler
Hopefully the items aren't hot.

FYI, it's not 10 days. You have to wait 6 months from your last transaction (buying or selling) for your account to close. Unless you break the rules too many times and eBay shuts you down.

Your ranting here is achieving nothing. EBay don't read these forums, so you're ranting to the wrong people. They don't care whether you close your account. Frankly, neither do we. 

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Indeed

I'm sure ebay will be so hurt by the change of username on the account,too

Not

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Clearly not logged back in since name change. I wonder if that was their choice, the mods choice, or whether they suddenly became incarcerated again?

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply