Does anyone know if PayPal will be charging a 'transaction' fee .....

5kazam
Community Member

.....for monthly payments to eBay once they separate?

Currently, my monthly eBay invoice payments are done through PayPal (always been that way).  There has never been any fee involved in doing this.  But  I'm wondering, once they become separate entities, if PayPal will charge a transaction fee.

Any clues?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes kazam, mine are processed the same way, but the point is, we are the payer, not the payee.  Paypal has never charged payment fees to the Payer, they only charge Payees a fee for processing the payment as they are the ones receiving the payment.  I don't see that changing, they don't charge fees to purchasers using Paypal on other selling venues, only the Payee pays a fee.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Has not been anything charged on our most recent payment just a week or so back.

That's not to say they wont briing in such a fee in the future tho.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

As it is the recipient (not the sender) who pays the PayPal transaction fee (plus percentage), in this scenario eBay would be charged the PayPal fees. Somehow I can't see that happening!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry, maybe I didn't phrase my question clearly.

My monthly invoice from eBay is processed to eBay from my bank account though PayPal.  Up till now there have been no fees charged. Just wondering if that will change.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes kazam, mine are processed the same way, but the point is, we are the payer, not the payee.  Paypal has never charged payment fees to the Payer, they only charge Payees a fee for processing the payment as they are the ones receiving the payment.  I don't see that changing, they don't charge fees to purchasers using Paypal on other selling venues, only the Payee pays a fee.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for that - you've explained it very clearly.   

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Which is as I explained. You (the payer) use PayPal to pay eBay (the payee) thus eBay should pay the transaction fee.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply