Does anyone know whether ebay have increased their Postage Label prices?

Can we just use them until they fix them or will we be charged extra postage by Aus Post?

Actually, when I think about it, the postage costs don't show on the label so I think I've answered my own question!!

Always get good answers from the Selling Community!!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I know the postage doesn't show on the label, but does it show when the QR code or bar code is scanned? As in, when it's scanned, can AP see what has been paid?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It shouldn't matter. As of lunchtime the AP website was still showing the 'old' eBay prices. And satchels/boxes, with the old weight limits.

Any underpayment is between eBay and AP. If we buy postage from eBay in good faith, they can't (legally) charge us more post-event.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

It shouldn't matter. As of lunchtime the AP website was still showing the 'old' eBay prices. And satchels/boxes, with the old weight limits.

Any underpayment is between eBay and AP. If we buy postage from eBay in good faith, they can't (legally) charge us more post-event.

Traditionally AP will honour old format packaging, labels etc after pricing changes.

Let's face it, it's not as if they can't afford to; they were already doing ok before ripping through an 8% hike.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I just did a couple of revisions and there are NO eBay postage options available.

They have, helpfully, renamed all my 500g eBay satchels, which equate to 'small', to 'medium'. Another bulk edit required for 2400 listings. I think I'll wait a few days on this one.

I wonder what my chances are of being reimbursed for all the eBay satchels I have. Ha Ha ha. I suppose I'll have to turn them inside out.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I gather it will be the same as per the stamps, where AP will have a grace period for the first few days of January where the $1 stamps are still being circulated via the red post boxes. Clearly they cannot enforce $1.10 stamps on the 1st of January when they are closed!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Traditionally AP will honour old format packaging, labels etc after pricing changes.

Let's face it, it's not as if they can't afford to; they were already doing ok before ripping through an 8% hike.

AP have stated that old satchels can still be used.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply