Does anyone know ?

Does anyone know if "This Defect Debacle System" is across the board with ebay. I mean in every country where ebay is set up ! 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Does anyone know ?

Looking at some low volume Chinese sellers with a few negs, lots of neutrals and atrocious DSR's, I don't reckon the Chinese have the defective defect system. What cements that thought for me is, even some of the positive feedback thanks them for the refund. Of course I am happy to be corrected.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know, what i do know, is i'll be getting two more defects because some folk can't read.Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

sheep I'm just intrigued. I was thinking the same also. Then it's NOT a fair playground at all. It's alost like their cushioned !! 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Take a minute to log in on the Singapore site , have a look at the structure there..

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I was actually curious about some things a couple of weeks ago, so took a gander at eBay.cn

You can't translate everything, but it is interesting to see the kinds of information, rules and features there.

Here's a copy/paste of the translation from one of their announcements (Translated by google - I have bolded what I believe to be the equivalent of "defect rate"):

eBay has been working for the seller to provide a good marketing platform, to help the majority of sellers to better control the bad transaction rate, we comply with global standards eBay, daily updated synchronously buyer experience report . At the same time, added 8 weeks of adverse trading performance status detection function , so you can review the adverse trading conditions in the past eight weeks. 8 weeks poor trading performance status detection function updated weekly, set milestones to control your bad transaction rate, so as not to affect your normal sales. You can easily and timely by the buyer experience report on the right side of the poor trading segments, high non-performing and non-performing trading transactions published a list (such as freight performance analysis, problem subdivision, etc.), a detailed analysis of adverse trade issues and improvements. In mid-October 2014, the buyer experience reports will continue to optimize, every time you have a bad transaction will be reflected in the report in detail, in order to facilitate your account to grasp the situation. Learn Buyers Guide Experience Report

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I was actually curious about some things a couple of weeks ago, so took a gander at eBay.cn

You can't translate everything, but it is interesting to see the kinds of information, rules and features there.

Here's a copy/paste of the translation from one of their announcements (Translated by google - I have bolded what I believe to be the equivalent of "defect rate"):

eBay has been working for the seller to provide a good marketing platform, to help the majority of sellers to better control the bad transaction rate, we comply with global standards eBay, daily updated synchronously buyer experience report . At the same time, added 8 weeks of adverse trading performance status detection function , so you can review the adverse trading conditions in the past eight weeks. 8 weeks poor trading performance status detection function updated weekly, set milestones to control your bad transaction rate, so as not to affect your normal sales. You can easily and timely by the buyer experience report on the right side of the poor trading segments, high non-performing and non-performing trading transactions published a list (such as freight performance analysis, problem subdivision, etc.), a detailed analysis of adverse trade issues and improvements. In mid-October 2014, the buyer experience reports will continue to optimize, every time you have a bad transaction will be reflected in the report in detail, in order to facilitate your account to grasp the situation. Learn Buyers Guide Experience Report

Thanks digi. Have to admit , it all still seems a  bit "Wishy Washy" to me. To be really honest, it makes no sense 😞  Or is it the way I'm reading it ??? 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@horizon1907 wrote:

Thanks digi. Have to admit , it all still seems a  bit "Wishy Washy" to me. To be really honest, it makes no sense 😞  Or is it the way I'm reading it ??? 

Well, I think the translation leaves quite a bit to be desired, but this is actually an announcement about a new feature that helps sellers keep track of the "bad transaction rate", so it's not information about how the rate can or will affect their accounts, as such, but as you can see, it also confirms that eBay.cn implements the Global Seller standards (if you look at your dashboard, you'll find that you have the option to view your performance rating by the standards of eBay.com.au, or by global standards).

I suspect that Chinese sellers are held to the global standards based on this and other info I read on the site, as well as the fact that the majority of them would list on other sites. 

I also saw an announcement that was the same as we (and other sites like UK and US) got, letting them know that PayPal disputes opened past the eBay MBG timeframe won't count as a "bad transaction", so they definitely have a defect system.

There are other announcements, including a time limit for delivery of items to buyers in Germany. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply