Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater good

These changes will not be in the sellers interest.

They will solely be in EBAYs interest only.

Expect higher fees

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater good

The fees have been well documented...there is very little difference .

Where did eBay suggest they are introducing managed payments for the greater good?

They are a business.

When I change something in my business model it is of course to benefit the business... do you not do the same?

Message 2 of 71
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are now being forced to change to "Managed Payments" with more restrictions of what we can now sell:- 

Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

• Accommodation, timeshares, holiday packages and car rentals
  • Alcohol, beer, spirits and wine
  • Bullion (Business sellers may list beginning 23 February 2021)
  • Coins, notes (Business sellers may list beginning 23 February 2021)
  • Downloadable products and virtual items
  • Gift cards, coupons and vouchers
  • Items containing nudity
  • Martial art weapons
  • Motor vehicles
  • Real estate
  • Services
  • Tickets for travel, events or experiences
  • Tobacco pipes and vaporizers
  • Virtual currency
Message 3 of 71
Latest reply

This is a government regulation, not an eBay choice, just like overseas sales (GST, import tax) eBay had to comply with government regulations. All this is so the government can track all non-buisness sales through eBay and provide you with a tax bill for the stuff you sell and that you do not declare on your tax return. Do not think the government can not see you bank details, they can. This is why you need to provide eBay with your bank account details, so payments can be tracked and taxed.

This is why it is not compulsary to register, if you have an ACN, ABN or BN, as they have to declare all sales, casual sellers are now being treated like a business and the government are putting their hand out for a % of your sales.

If you do not like this tatic (as I do), get your own website if you sell on a weekly basis and direct your customers to it.

Message 4 of 71
Latest reply

I prefer the old system where the payments went into PayPal, and I received an instant notification by email.  I liked this system because I could print off the PayPal email and attach it to the sold item.  Also, I could manage the money in my PayPal account.  Now it is managed by eBay!

Oh ... and why is it taking so long for eBay to deposit the money into my Bank account?  I have been watching the progress for an item that was paid for on Monday 22nd February.  It is now Thursday 25th February, and I received an email from eBay saying "Your payout is on the way.  It will take 3-4 business days to reach your bank account." 

This is unacceptable.

Message 5 of 71
Latest reply

Have you checked your account? The 3-5 business days is a standard bank clearance time. Depending on your bank.

My sales from 23 Feb were notified as being paid at 7.35 this morning. In my account before 2pm.

I can let you know whether 24 Feb hits my account tomorrow, if you like.

Bottom line - if you can't carry less than a week's payments without starving, eBay is probably not for you. As I have verified there is no issue with eBay deposting money in my account, I will be going to weekly payments. That should give me enough available funds to pay my store fees when they fall due, rather than letting eBay access my account for them. Which they can no longer do unless they snuck a direct debit authorisation in in the 5 minutes they had access to my account.

Message 6 of 71
Latest reply

Deleted all my listings today

Hi, long time seller here with over 1200 pos feedback and over 100K in sales

I will not be forced into signing up for a ABN for anyone

Seeya ebay , you can kiss my fees goodbye

Message 7 of 71
Latest reply

You obviously didn't look at your options. There is NO requirement to have an ABN, and if you'd looked at the many threads about this in 'selling', not this obscure thread, you would know that. See ya.

Message 8 of 71
Latest reply

Why are they suddenly asking for photos of bank statements and details like driver's licences? There's no way they NEED that unless they are going to steal from us, and no way they are getting that from me.

Message 9 of 71
Latest reply

Why does it mean that ebay is going to steal from you because they have to identify you? 

It is no different to providing ID to open an Aussie bank account....ebay's payment processor Adyen is registered in the Australian Financial system and requires the same standard of ID.

Message 10 of 71
Latest reply