Don’t get final value fee promotions anymore?

dh_5346
Community Member

So it seems like since the start of this year, eBay has stopped giving our final value fee promotions? Maybe there will be one soon, but I have not received anything such as the classic $1 final value fee promotions, or even “sell for free” promotions.

I have received a completely absurd promotion “Pay a 5%* variable final value fee on trading cards listings,” which is incredibly specific and does not relate to me at all.

Added to this, gumtree no longer have the post to eBay feature which allowed for 2 items per month to be posted on to eBay an not incur a fee. The fees nowadays are ridiculously high and for casual sellers like me, it becomes so not worth selling. I am surprised in a way that another selling platform like eBay hasn’t been created with lower fees, because that is all it will take for eBay to fail. Sure it reaches a wide audience, but 13% fees is just too high in my option. Hopefully eBay takes note and does something about this, but I imagine they have lost a whole bunch of casual sellers.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

they've offered it to stores....but only in certain categories

30% Off Selected Categories - Feb 2022 | Seller Centre (ebay.com.au)

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You get effectively unlimited free listings. Maybe eBay considers that enough. If you don't, bad luck.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

You get effectively unlimited free listings. Maybe eBay considers that enough. If you don't, bad luck.

No such thing as *free*……. 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

The 13% fees are the same as before, if a buyer paid via PayPal this is incorporated into Managed Payments now.  Although, if a buyer pays cash on pick up, or Bank Transfer, then yes fees are slightly higher than before MP started.

i too noticed they’ve dropped the ‘sell for free’ from Gumtree!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe not.

But no fee insertions that were generally limited to 40 per month are now 250,000 per month, means that effectively (as I noted) any listings are insertion fee free.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay is a joke . It’s not for the smaller sellers anymore . It’s after big sellers who sell hundreds and thousands of items every month . That is why the $1 final value fee and gumtree promotion is gone . 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@tasboy1974 wrote:

That is why the $1 final value fee and gumtree promotion is gone

That might have a lot do do with Ebay not owning Gumtree any longer.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply