EBAY REMOVING ITEMS AS ALLEGEDLY FAKE WHEN THEY ARE GENUINE

For the 2nd time this week, ebay have removed items I was selling.

Its quite obviousl they are receiving reports from competitors who are reporting my items as fake when they are not.

I purchased in bulk and can offer them at good prices obvisoulsy hurting other sellers.

These competitors have found a little scheme where they report the item as fake and if they get more than one notification, they remove my items.

No investigation, no contact with me at all, just remove it and send me an email to let me know its been removed because of violating ebay policies.

Has any other seller experienced this?  

I have asked for it to be escalated but I guess its going to fall on deaf ears just like the other item they removed.

I have receipts from the actual stores but ebayd ont want to know about it.

Its driving me insane!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

It would probably help if you told us what you were trying to sell. Something things are not allowed to be resold. Other things can be resold but with conditions.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

It would probably be the womens bags,they are always a target for people to call fake on.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

If your python swingback is real python skin, you need to show an export permit if you are selling overseas. If your other items were similar, that could explain removal.

You may also want to familiarise yourself with this link regarding Coach products. http://vero.ebay.com/vero/coachip and also the VERO program in general.

And this for your Guess products, http://vero.ebay.com/vero/GUESSLEGAL

http://vero.ebay.com/vero/fossil_inc

My guess it is the companies themselves that have reported your listings if those brands have been removed, not a competitor.

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

If you have receipts, why are refusing to provide the buyers with them ?

I also don't think you are doing yourself any favours re your terms in relation to buyers with less than

3 feedback or your follow ups to negative feedback.

If your items are genuine, there should be an option in the email you received to provide ebay with

proof. If there isn't, you can always phone them and offer to send through proof of genuine purchase.

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

She really should stop giving out false positives too. With all these violations, she will wonder why her account gets suspended.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

OP don't be surprised if eBay removes the rest of your offending listings, because they take violation of the VERO program very seriously. There are legal implications.

What proof do you have that your items are genuine? A receipt from a shop means Jack. There are sellers of fake items all over the world who issue receipts when someone buys something from them, it doesn't make the item any more genuine. The fact that you have bought them cheap enough whereby you can still make a profit selling them well below retail price, doesn't instill much confidence in me that they are genuine.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

a report re fake / reproduced / copied items from another Seller will not get an item rmoved from ebay.

only a report from the original copyright holder, who is a member of the eBay VERO program can get a 'suspect' item removed.

also a report from the original copyright holder, stating that the ebay seller is not authorized to sell that copyright produce in Australiia can result in the item being removed also.

if you pruchased from an authorized wholesaler, with permission to on-sell online (either eBay or yr own website), then you can show eBay that proof to hopefully get your items reinstated and allow you to continue selling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

To reiterate a point putney makes, just because an item is genuine, it still doesn't mean you have permission to sell it.

image host
Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Well, will you look at that.......the rest of her Coach, Fossil and Guess items have now been removed too. Someone is going to be really unhappy now!!! Good to see the copywrite holders on these items are on the ball 😄

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply