EBAY STORE

I'm thinking about opening a store. The only info I can find is the puff put out by Ebay and not from actual users. I'd welcome advice. I'm trading as  2012billym,   tathraman    and datho-9036.  I should add that I'm quite computer literate BUT I'm 82 and trying to recover  from a stroke last year.EBay gives me somerhing to do.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

EBAY STORE

Firstly most members here will say that for a store to be viable you need well over 100 listings and a good sell-through rate.

Also when the Managed Payments come in coins will no longer be allowed to be listed (don't ask me why, I wouldn't have a clue why that is the case)

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY STORE

Not sure why coins are excluded but I feel it maybe to do with the payment company more so than ebay. There was also mention some excluded items may change in the future.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY STORE

I don't think a store will make much difference to what you are doing now.

You don't get free auction listings only BIN unless they are in collectables.

And you pay the monthly fee even if you don't sell anything.

I would keep doing what you are doing on your non store accounts.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY STORE

Good on YOU for still putting it out there! Hope your recovery is going well.

A store would be an uneccessary cost for you that wouldn't achieve anything more than you already have going.  Yes signing in to different accounts is painful, but at least that part is free. Best wishes to you.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

EBAY STORE

I have 5 accounts. 3 are active. One gets used if it gets a promo of some kind (has a feedback score of 3, despite being 5yo). The other account never gets used. It was created to prove a point. To be honest, I don't even know if it's still in existance. I don't have a store on any account.

I have thought about opening a store on my main account, but to be honest, despite having sales, it's just not worth it for me. I get 120 free listings over the 3 active accounts and manage quite nicely with that. 2 of the 3 accounts have more than 40 active listings. Some are auction with 8 free relists, others are BIN. I keep an eye on my freebies and if it looks like the auto relists on BIN is going to blow out my freebies, I end them and relist next month,

As Padi mentioned, unless you have a good sell through rate, a store may not be viable. It certainly isn't for me. If you aren't sure, open a store on one of your accounts and see how it goes over 3 months. If it turns out to be a lemon, you can always close it down.

Edited to add: One of my work colleagues grew up in Tathra. We had our honeymoon down there. Beautiful part of the world! I could easily live there. Had the absolute best feed at the Country Club!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply