EBay has charged me $239 on an item that I did not sell and want me to wait 15 days for a refund?

I listed an item on FVF free Promo (confirmed that by chat) The buyer paid bit refused to pay Insurance which was a part of the sale terms, he also asked me to falsify customs documents. I refunded his money within 3 hours of sale, 6 weeks ago and did not post. EBay have charged me a few of $239 and expect me to wait 15 days for a refund. 2 errors the item was Free FVF as well as not sold..How do they get away with it..Have been stood down due to a lockdown and have NO money for food for the last 4 days..Have contacted them and they do not care and it is illegal inA7stralia yo not give a promt refund.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

EBay has charged me $239 on an item that I did not sell and want me to wait 15 days for a refund?

@thefunkystarfish wrote:

I listed an item on FVF free Promo (confirmed that by chat) The buyer paid bit refused to pay Insurance which was a part of the sale terms, he also asked me to falsify customs documents. I refunded his money within 3 hours of sale, 6 weeks ago and did not post. EBay have charged me a few of $239 and expect me to wait 15 days for a refund. 2 errors the item was Free FVF as well as not sold..How do they get away with it..Have been stood down due to a lockdown and have NO money for food for the last 4 days..Have contacted them and they do not care and it is illegal inA7stralia yo not give a promt refund.

What process did you follow to cancel the transaction and issue the refund? Was it through eBay, or PayPal?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Um...the item did sell.

Buyers are not required to pay for insurance,

Did you cancel the sale through eBay or simply refund via PayPal?

Did you pay the FVF?

Was your item eligible for the FVF Promo?

It is my understanding that you would receive a  credit & not a refund.

Others much smarter than me will be along with advice.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply