EBay holding funds- who do we complain to

Who in Australia is the official ombudsman or similar to complain about eBay’s holding of sales amounts for 2 week.

this feels illegal to me. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Not illegal. Part of the T&Cs you agreed to.

READ and keep current with them, then you would know you don't have a leg to stand on.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

go to HELP and search for payments on hold

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Very much legal, and usually holds apply for a minimum 21  days.  But can be indefinite if there are problems with your managed payments verifications

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

How did you manage to only have to wait two weeks?

I am sure other sellers would like the same much shorter hold

If it feels illegal, why did you agree to it when you started selling?

No, eBay do not earn interest on the on hold funds

No, you don’t wait until the funds are released before you post the items

Yes, it will apply to all sales until you have proved yourself as a seller to eBay

Most new sellers have to wait a month, you say you only have to wait two weeks yet still complain 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Your "feelings" are irrelevant. The second you list something for sale, it is implied that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions, which include payment holds for new and infrequent sellers.

Have you also signed up and been fully ID and bank verified for the new managed payments system? You won't be seeing a red cent of your sales otherwise.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

eBay are deceitful and evasive when questioned. 

Most terms and conditions are fairly similar and general. But it is deceptive to hide this within their policies because everyone just clicks. It was not made clear to me until after I sold that the item I was selling would be subject to these terms and conditions and I would not receive any funds for 30days. I would never have agreed and explored other options because I had a deadline I was working too. Their deceit and deception has now left me financially vulnerable and unable to meet my commitments. This has cost me the postage which the buyer agree to pay, but they keep that as well, their fee, and now penalty fee on late payment and interest on my mortgage. They get paid, the buyer gets their item and I'm left with nothing. It's an absolute scam. It should be a popup screen that questions you before finalising the ad. The helpline staff just continue using patronising language and pretend there is nothing they can do. 
Will never use this platform again. 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Absolutely - nothing - is hidden.

NOTHING.

You ticked all the boxes to sell.

Where's the deceit.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Good idea

It is all there

Nothing hidden

Nothing new

No special treatment 

You ticked you had read and understood the terms when you listed the item

What point would a pop up be? that would be ignored and ticked too

The  'everyone just ticks'

Don't tick stuff you have not actually read and then blame everyone else when what you ticked you agreed to and understood happens

By the way, there is nothing base level eBay cs can do

You agreed to the terms

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I do hope that you're signed up and had your ID and bank account verified for Managed Payments - if you haven't you will never get your money until you do.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply