EBay is a dud service!!

genrel
Community Member

Anyone tried to change a gallery picture lately? I have (tried) on two site and it's impossible. Ebay says just revise the listing and change the picture however it doesn't change the gallery picture. 

EBay keeps putting up fees and at the same time, reducing services. So sick of this place!!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

EBay is a dud service!!

Have you tried changing the gallery pic through Fix your Pic?

I usually do it with 2 windows open and copy and paste the item numbers.

http://cgi5.ebay.com.au/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?DisplayGalleryImagePageV3

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

We had issues with gallery pictures yesterday.

Tried to put up a new listing with several pics.

The listing went thru as per normal but none of the pics are showing up now.

So we have a listing with blank gray squares where there should be pics.

And we got an email from ebay to say there was a problem with the galery pics on the listing. oh der!

So if we cancel the listing and try a relist I'm sure it will deduct one from our monthly tally, even tho its not our fault.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

bigbrickshop have you tried this? You might be in for a rude surprise. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

Yes, I've tried it. No surprises.

All of our gallery pics are showing at the moment so I can't test it today.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

I changed a galley pic last week, and noticed that while it doesn't change the image on My Selling, if you log out and look at the item from the buyer's viewpoint the correct gallery pic shows.  Once the item relists, the gallery pic on My Selling is updated as well.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

Ebay might be broken today.I just tried to add a non-payer to my BBL & the buyer requirements bit said no information to display at this time.Which is not correct,my BBL has a lot of names in it.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

A couple of times in the last fortnight I've doubled up on my listing, so had to revise.

Gallery pic's would not change to the new ones, tried everything.  But when I checked the listings from the buyers point of view, they had the correct photos.

The same thing happens when U want to change the main pic - I even tried deleting it, but no go.  

When the item auto relists, it seems to correct itself.

I just tried to post this, but it came up with Authentication Failed.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

Yes that happens to me too. I think it is because the server doesn't refresh straight away, also I have noticed that it can take a day or two unless you have logged out cleared cached etc etc. Sometimes I think it may be the server not refreshing or sometimes the browsers cached the image info.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

EBay is a dud service!!

I found the same thing when I changed a gallery photo even though my side showed the old pic attached to the listing. The buyers side showed the new pic
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply