Ebay Australia Seller, Not receiving feedback from international sales.

I am an Ebay Seller from Australia, I  have received feedback from all my sales  except my international sales.

Wondering if this is just because buyers chose not to provide feedback or does Ebay not allow Australian Ebay sellers to receive feedback for international sales? if anyone could please let me know the answer to this question it would be very appreciated,

Thankyou

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay Australia Seller, Not receiving feedback from international sales.

It sounds like you have been very lucky, most buyers don't bother to leave feedback, while others only ever leave it if they are leaving a red dot/neg

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Anyone - anywhere - can leave feedback - for their purchase.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I have left fb for international purchases and received fb from international sellers.

Maybe it takes too long sometimes (fb has to be left within 60 days).

Or maybe it is just a coincidence. There are both buyers and sellers who just don't give feedback, and maybe in your case they happen to be located overseas.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I'm impressed that you've received feedback from every Aus sale.

Feedback is entirely voluntary and I've noticed over the years it has definitely declined.

I have 5400+ transactions, but only have a feedback score of just over 1700.

Right now, maybe one in twenty leave feedback.

I would not over analyse it - most buyers can't be bothered to leave it. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I would say that feedback from international buyers is the same, if not a little better, than domestic buyers.

About a third of buyers leave feedback. However there has been a long-term decline in the rate of feedback, Currently, it is it is the low 20s% where a decade ago it was 40+%.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I think less than a third of buyers leave feedback when it comes to my sales.  Has been that way for several years now, if not much longer.  I do find that the buyers who engaged with you via messages before buying tend to be the ones who leave the feedback.  So maybe it pays to send them a friendly message saying thanks and that you've posted your item, etc.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Thankyou to all of you guys who responded to my question, I now understand that it is common for people to not leave feedback. Itโ€™s a shame for the sellers who try hard to provide quality items and service. Thanks again for your replies I really appreciate it.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I know when you're a new seller, feedback is important. As mentioned, many buyers no longer leave it. If buyers scroll down below your description, they can see how many items you've sold. While a seller might have a feedback score of 100, they could easily have sold over 1,000 items, which is now shown near the bottom of the page (sadly, a lot of buyers don't go so far as to read the description, but the numbers are there for those that scroll).

Just a word of advice, your Olympic coin. Increase your start price. There's a high chance it will sell for one bid. If that's the case, you will be losing money. Just the fees on the postage alone will see you in the red. No point selling things if you are losing money on them.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

My family sell on eBay and yes, of course they can both leave and receive feedback with international sales.

There are buyers who don't leave feedback, but at the end of the day most potential buyers only look at negative and neutral feedback, or the very latest positive feedback, so it does not change much.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply