Ebay CS Survey Request -- But No Contact with them

I have received one of those invitations to complete a survey after having been in contact with Customer Support on a specific date 2-days ago. You know the ones.

Except -- I have had no contact at all with CS for ages on any matter. Certainly not in the past 2-days.

I'm just a bit concerned that someone else has contacted them about something I'm unaware of. Scam attempt???

Is this something to be concerned about? Or just ignore and move on??

I've not noticed any unusual activity on the account.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@clarry100 wrote:

I have received one of those invitations to complete a survey after having been in contact with Customer Support on a specific date 2-days ago. You know the ones.

Except -- I have had no contact at all with CS for ages on any matter. Certainly not in the past 2-days.

I'm just a bit concerned that someone else has contacted them about something I'm unaware of. Scam attempt???

I had the same thing happen a few days ago! I was very concerned for the same reasons you mention, and was going to post on these boards! All very strange, the only thing that made me a little less worried, is that a transcript of the chat is usually sent to your email and I never received one of those so put it down to a glitch?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

I would be a little concerned also - no harm (perhaps a little time wasted) in ringing CS and letting them know.  Meanwhile I wouldn't open the survey Smiley Happy in case it is dodgy.  Always better to be sure than sorry as they say

Good luck

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

No strange/odd experiences with buyers.

But since I was last in here we did get a phone call from CS about these MPNs etc.

In our case they are simply not applicable as all our stuff is our own design and handmade to order so no such numbers exist.

So they just said choose the "does not apply" option when listing.

So I'm beginning to suspect that these "invitations" were them jumping the gun a bit.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hi Clarry, I have had this request before. Usually I have accidentally clicked into their CS page, and they record this as an event. Just something else.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

I had the same thing happen a few days ago! I was very concerned for the same reasons you mention, and was going to post on these boards! All very strange, the only thing that made me a little less worried, is that a transcript of the chat is usually sent to your email and I never received one of those so put it down to a glitch?

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I used to get a survey every time I clicked the Help & Contact tab. Now, I just google what I'm looking for and usually find the Help page much quicker.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I've never used Live Chat to speak with them.

Any time I do its via a phone call.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@I haveclarry100 wrote:

I've never used Live Chat to speak with them.

Any time I do its via a phone call.

Actually that is a great point Clarry! Thankfully I have only contacted support once or twice a while ago and both times was chat, and hence the transcript. Ok, perhaps I am a bit more worried now....... lol

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

I would be a little concerned also - no harm (perhaps a little time wasted) in ringing CS and letting them know.  Meanwhile I wouldn't open the survey Smiley Happy in case it is dodgy.  Always better to be sure than sorry as they say

Good luck

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Got a survey today did it. It did ask about 1 item and I answered it. I dont think there are any problems with these surveys as long as they mention your name in the heading "Not Dear Sir/Madam"

My Opinion Only

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I have completed them in the past also and usually have no concern, it just sounded odd that in both instances neither poster had been in contact with CS, perhaps it was as someone suggested, the mere use of Help & Contact tab  . . . . .  excellent point about the addressee - how it was addressed would make all the difference . . . . . .

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

I have completed them in the past also and usually have no concern, it just sounded odd that in both instances neither poster had been in contact with CS, perhaps it was as someone suggested, the mere use of Help & Contact tab  . . . . .  excellent point about the addressee - how it was addressed would make all the difference . . . . . .

My message specifically asked about my experience on a specific date I believe 10th? I have not clicked on the Help & Contact tab for months!!!! Also strangely it is now not in my eBay message box, but perhaps that was time sensitive?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply