Ebay Customer service is a joke

Today I had to contact customer service as i had accepted an offer for 100 free listings on my account, But when i placed a listing it kept deducting from  the usual 40 free listings instead, even though it stated the 100 was active. The service supplied from the online chat was pathetic, He argued that the 100 free listings only come into effect if the usual 40 free was used first.  This has never happened before. He continued to argue his point even when i told him that this was not how it had worked in the past and also was not happening on my wifes account or another freinds account. But he told me that this was untrue and me it was against ebay policy? in the end he just refused to go any further and gave me an 1800 number to ring if i wanted to take it further. Ebay your a joke

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

When I get stonewalled like that and it appears you are going round in circles and getting nowhere I just ask to be put thu to a supervisor.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

The free listings come out of the 40 free listings first,then when those are done then it comes out of the 100 free listings so there is no need complaining about it.

This is how its always been. 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

This has happened to me before as well. I even got charged for relisting even though i still had heaps of free listings left.

I don't think its always a glitch, sometimes i think its a deliberate attempt to upset small sellers to make them leave.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

The free listings come out of the 40 free listings first,then when those are done then it comes out of the 100 free listings so there is no need complaining about it.

This is how its always been. 

Not true.   Once you accept the free listings, you use them first.  Your 40 stay.

If you only list 40, it would then work out that you didn't get any of the hundred.

That'd be a bit rough!

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Well well then why had my 40 free listings get used first then now I have used 20 out of 100 free listings used??

This is the way it goes even ebay told OP how the free listings work.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Maybe a 'Friday' glitch...
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

There are 2 other threads about this :

Re: I must be stupid - I didn't know this -   http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/I-must-be-stupid-I-didn-t-know-this/m-p/1809771#U1809771

and

problems with the automatic (3) free re-lists coming off the 100 free listings

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/problems-with-the-automatic-3-free-re-lists-coming-off-the-1...

as well as some posts in the thread about the 100 free listings.

It's so annoying, isn't it!

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Well well then why had my 40 free listings get used first then now I have used 20 out of 100 free listings used??

This is the way it goes even ebay told OP how the free listings work.

A  'no-nothing'  told OP that's how it works, cos they didn't want/know how

to deal with it.

Always insist on a supervisor

edit:   crow if you don't yell loud enough about it, you have lost your 40 for the

rest of the month.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

But I still have 80 left from the 100 to use which only last until the 17/6 uhah now I understand what you're saying darn ebay are tricky.

Thanks for persisting with my posts stawka as I have finally seen the black hole ebay is trying to push me into lol

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply