Ebay - Leap Year 60 day roll overs !

Anyone noticed their roll overs today (30/31 day rollover on Fixed items) is today showing 60 days!!! could be a win for those that run close to there limits but may mess up the totals in 60 days. 

All mine that have clocked over today are showing 60 days instead of the mandatory 30 days.

I expect eBays programs are not coping with a Leap Year. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay - Leap Year 60 day roll overs !

Yes, you're right! I expect they'll correct that soon enough!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Were those listings originally listed on the 30th or 31st (of a previous month)?

I usually avoid listing on the 31st but I forgot about Feb being shorter and listed some on 30th January. According to ebay's 'rules' they're supposed to roll over on the last day of the month if it's shorter but that never happens and these particular ones roll over later today. I was wondering whether they'd relist on 30th March (twice in March) or skip a month.

You might get an extra 30 days without using a listing but you miss them showing up in ending soonest once a month.

Seeing we've got extra listings at the moment I'll probably wait until 10 minutes before they're due to roll over and then end and relist them.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yes. Rolling eyes and smiling with gritted teeth..
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Were those listings originally listed on the 30th or 31st (of a previous month)?

I usually avoid listing on the 31st but I forgot about Feb being shorter and listed some on 30th January. According to ebay's 'rules' they're supposed to roll over on the last day of the month if it's shorter but that never happens and these particular ones roll over later today. I was wondering whether they'd relist on 30th March (twice in March) or skip a month.

You might get an extra 30 days without using a listing but you miss them showing up in ending soonest once a month.

Seeing we've got extra listings at the moment I'll probably wait until 10 minutes before they're due to roll over and then end and relist them.

All of my 30 and 31st rolled over yesterday. As I would expect.

Most are show 29 and 30 days to go, but 3 are showing 59 days.

No matter - I manage my listings, I don't rely on eBay to do it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I manage my listings to how I see fit not ebay but just thought I would post the issue so no -one is caught out by it. 

Cheers 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

All of my 30 and 31st rolled over yesterday. As I would expect.

Most are show 29 and 30 days to go, but 3 are showing 59 days.

No matter - I manage my listings, I don't rely on eBay to do it.

I manage mine too but I'd rather not have to waste time checking whether their system is going to do what it's supposed to.  Obviously it works as it's supposed to for some of us (you) but not others (including me).

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yep, all my rolled over yesterday and now are showing 59 days instead of the usual 30 or 31.

Continues to mentally eye roll and smile through gritted teeth...sigh!
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Has anyone had any rollover today, and if so are they 30 or 60 days? TIA

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I had some roll over with 31 days on them but they were originally listed on the 2nd (of another month).

The only ones of mine that rolled over yesterday with 60 days on them were the ones that were previously listed on the 30th. All the others just did their usual thing (rolled over on the 1st and will roll over again on 1st April).
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply