Ebay + Paypal FEES is killing my business, it adds approx 15% of sales amount. What is my options

ozkish
Community Member

Hello

I am selling items worth 800~ 810 AUD each, I recently setup a store i saw my first ebay is appox 10% of the sale value and Paypal 3% TOTAL 13~15%.  For me it brings me to my cost price.

Can someone suggest any options.

ITEM Category : Mobile Phones Brand New

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ebay + Paypal FEES is killing my business, it adds approx 15% of sales amount. What is my options

you forgot income tax  and gst

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Very TRUE !!!!!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Increase your prices.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

And store fees - why would you pay store fees to sell  11  things in a year?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

harley_babes_hoard - I don't think this is a Solution 😞

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Simple you need to include those costs in your sale price.  Its just a cost of doing business.  If you had a physical store you would have higher on costs.  If as you say increasing the price is not an option, you need to get the product cheaper from your supplier.  If neither of those are possible move on and sell something else that is profitable.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Ditch the store, have a regular account, get your 40 free listings per month, tick the relist button, pick the 10 day duration.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

ALL the costs of doing business here (or anywhere) need to be factored into your end sale price.

Once you know all your costs from stock purchase thru to paying tax/GST then you add on the profit factor you will be happy with.

If that final sale price is not market competitive then something along the way has to change.

ebay/paypal fees are pretty much fixed so you cant change that too much.

Work on the elements that are within your control to change.

If nothing works then you had better quit selling those items and find another product.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@ozkish wrote:

Hello

I am selling items worth 800~ 810 AUD each, I recently setup a store i saw my first ebay is appox 10% of the sale value and Paypal 3% TOTAL 13~15%.  For me it brings me to my cost price.

Can someone suggest any options.

ITEM Category : Mobile Phones Brand New

Thanks

Mobile phones over $200 should only be charged  6% FVF with a basic store.

FVF info: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html#fvf

Category list showing mobile phones >$200 qualify: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/fees_by_category.pdf

If you listed the items before opening a store, then the standard 9.9% FVF would apply - if that's the case, I suggest ending any listings that were created beforehand then relisting just to access the lower fee rate.

If you consistently turn over $2000 or more a month (which would be 3 phones or more), you can apply to PayPal for merchant rates (2.2% is the next tier). 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply