Ebay Plus

I’m a seller on eBay, and have been forced into the eBay plus option with no option to opt out. I have listings with 5 days handling, if a customer with eBay plus membership buys I now have to send same day and have it to customer within 2 days.... This is not possible for me, hence why I have the 5 day handling policy & 1-6 days delivery time clearly in place. Have been told the only way to opt out is to take away option of offering returns on all listings.. is this correct? Can any other sellers help me with this info? Help.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay Plus

What I was meaning by my previous post is that the delivery conditions appearing on your sales is a glitch connected somehow with German version of Plus, but that it is not actually applicable to your sales.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay Plus

Also offering free postage has a bit to do with it

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

eBay Plus and guaranteed delivery are two separate things. Plus just means the buyer gets free postage and free returns, paid for by eBay if the items aren't free post or free returns already.

That being said, I wish sellers had the choice to opt out without having to change return policies.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

@digital*ghost - I don’t have GD, this morning I had an “eBay plus order” on an item that has a 5 days handling 1-6 days delivery time policy and it says in the sales record: “for eBay plus orders, you’ve agreed to provide free postage with same day handling (when payment is cleared by 2pm) and delivery within 1 business day (maximum of 2).”
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

@atom_online wrote:
 I have listings with 5 days handling, if a customer with eBay plus membership buys I now have to send same day and have it to customer within 2 days.... This is not possible for me, hence why I have the 5 day handling policy & 1-6 days delivery time clearly in place. 

Do you mean that all of your listings have 5 days handling time, or just some?

I just looked at 5 of your listings at random and they all stated "Will usually post within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment".

If they are supposted to show 5 days, this may be your problem.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

@aujoh_4llpe majority of my items (90% have 1 day handling) the other 10% have 5 days handling.. the order specially this morning falls within that 10% category of 5 business days but I’m still expected to have it sent same day and within 2 days
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

@atom_online wrote:
@digital*ghost - I don’t have GD, this morning I had an “eBay plus order” on an item that has a 5 days handling 1-6 days delivery time policy and it says in the sales record: “for eBay plus orders, you’ve agreed to provide free postage with same day handling (when payment is cleared by 2pm) and delivery within 1 business day (maximum of 2).”

My first reaction is wait.... whatSmiley Surprised

But I think it's a glitch - I just looked up eBay Plus in the developer tools:

https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Feature-eBayPlus.html

That mentions the 2-day delivery thing, but only for buyers / items in Germany.

This explains why I've been seeing "eBay-Garantie" on some listings in search results. 

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

I sold an item today with ebay plus.
My items state 1-2 days handling with standard Aust postage. The item was going from Melb to Syd which is up to 4 days delivery with std Aust post.
I didnt choose for my items to have the ebay plus, ebay chose me. However the only way i can guarantee for my item to get to Sydney in 1 day is by express post which will cost me more. The customer wont pay the extra and ebay wont and I cant increase the cost of the item because I would not be competitive.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

The link with the German ebay plus says that they have an option to opt in or out but in Australia Ebay chose the lidtings to have ebay plus on. I dont thonk we can opt out of Ebay plus in Australia, maybe someone can clarify this. Also the item I dold today had a pop up box attached that said I guaranteed to deliver the item within 1-3 days which I cannot fo. It did not say this was for German buyers only and could mislead the Australuan buyers who have paid an ebay plus subscription
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay Plus

What I was meaning by my previous post is that the delivery conditions appearing on your sales is a glitch connected somehow with German version of Plus, but that it is not actually applicable to your sales.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply