Ebay Return System totally inflexible, and stupid buyers AAARRRGH !!!!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

what a inflexible return system Ebay have created here, case one buyer recieves a phone with a dead pixel in the screen, wants a replacement, happy to so, But no option in the stupid return proccess to facilate that, so tell buyer to return and buy another, lucky he is happy to do that.

Case 2. Buyer purchases a phone which has 2 batteries one 800mAh and the other 6000mAh, so turns on phone dies, restarts phone goes nuts shuts down, starts return proccess straight away, says phone is no good and returns it, so test the phone myself sure died straight after boot up, put it on charge both batteries dead, not suprising takes a night and a bit to recharge afer all we are talking 2.5 iPhone batteries in one phone, now phone all good, except buyer has boken of the USB port cover, making the phone unsellable as is dust/water proof only if port covers are in place, meaning a trip to the manufacturer and paying for repair. So get on to Ebay, ring back service after several hours get call back from Manilla i gues, ask where we stand when product returned as INAD, when in fact is not and damaged by customer. Well guess what (suprise) you dont, if you escalate bang Defect, if buyer escaletes bang Defect, basically told no way to prove customer damaged product just refund in full to avoid Defect, awesome so if buyer had run over it with a tank and returned it as INAD no choice full refund and of couse postage as well. So contact buyer and told him if hed been patient and fully charged it would not been a problem, (smells like a change of mind to me) he says has the port cover, not attached to the phone, duh think i dont know my own products, any way upon inspection we may be able to reattach the plug cover provided the rubber pin not broken off, so tell him to send the cover and will refund his payment, as he only lives a few suburbs away, says will drop it off tommorrow and collect his refund ???? Email him does not work that way, as he went through the return proccess funds are removed from our account untill the return proccess is sorted out, then refunded via the return procces, not in cash !!!! Still no word from them yet, Ebay and Buyers AAAARRRGGGHHH !!!!!!!

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If they paid by paypal then that is the ONLY way to refund as they can still get it via paypal if you refund in cash.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Exaclty that is what i told the buyer, my main point trying to get across here, as sellers we have no come back on items returned as INAD weather it was or not,basically buyer could send anything back eg a rock a box full of household rubbish a dog turd ect. and as told by Ebay customer service there isno way for us sellers to prove the item returned is damaged or not even the item sent, just refund infull plus return postage costs to avoid a Defect, Buyers can do what they like, Sellers are screwed no matter what !!!!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I totally agree the MGB is full of flaws and obviously not thought out enough before throwing it at sellers. I would be calling eBay again (yes it's a pain in the butt to get through) and be quoting their own policy back to them in regards to buyers returning items - which by the way states nothing about eBay not being able to prove the state of the item because they don't view the item.

When an item is returned
The buyer is responsible for returning the item.
The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.
The seller is required to accept the return at their specified return address.
The cost of return postage is the seller's responsibility.
Signature confirmation is required for returns of items with a total cost of $750 or more.
The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.
After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we will refund the full cost of the item and original postage to the buyer as well as any reasonable return postage costs if the seller hasn't facilitated return with the buyer. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount. When the buyer arranges delivery or picks up the item, we may not refund the cost of original postage or pickup.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

My point excaltlly designers Ebay instruct you to inspect the returned item to make sure it is as was sent, but with the current system if it is not where does one go, no options for partiel refund because returned item missing parts or damaged, so what is the point of that, plus buyer demanding refund now, if one does ot reciprocate up for a Defect . Awesome Ebay before this stupid return system was introduced we sorted out this dramas out ourselves, often with a postive outcome as well.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

TBH to sell anything now on Ebay is a risk of loosing on it somewhere. It is sad but you now have to factor a % in that you are going to be ripped once in a while. Its the main reason i wont invest big capital in anything I sell.

The number of items being returned for trivial reasons is escalating. Ebays new answer is to remove defects for resolved INADs etc so they dissapear and sellers may accept this risk more readily.

Trying to resolve or reach a compromised arrangement outside of the system just trips you up.

I used to get a ;lot of request to return, I would say sure no problem, then  buyers would change their miond and not bother. Now once the return system kicks in it puts pressure on both parties to go through with it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Luckily I have only had to deal with a few return problems but the way ebay have set up their system is ridiculous.  One prick cost me $20 ebay fee cos he was so impatient....even though I was emailing him 4 or 5 times a day to resolve the problem.  Day 2 "BAM" and I was screwed!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Yes no wonder the number of return requeats have risen, look at it from a buyers perspective, the moment you hit that buy it now button, or win that bid, Bold Return this item right there in front of you almost begging you to return the item as soon as you get it, Might as well light it up in flashing lights, contact seller and other options ie feedback are all buried in the pull down menu, so from a avaerage buyers point of view as soon as a problem or percieved problem with the item, that is the button to hit now, i believe they created a monster by doing that, nothing against having a return function system, but should be a option in the pull down menu, and contact seller at the top, so problem, first point of contact seller, then if no joy from the seller then revert to the return this item, almost sounds like how it used to be.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Lets face it when you purchase a item in a B&M store, eg Coles, Target, KMart ect do they have big sign that says RETURN THIS ITEM, as you pay for it at the register, well that is what Ebay have done with the current menu layout. !!!!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply