Ebay SEO on categories - very useful for store owners!

So, I learned something today from another online site.

I had no idea that we could specify keywords for our categories - I went and updated mine last night. Hopefully it will help in the long run with getting found.

-----------------------------

Hi guys, I thought I would share this very useful (and little known) tip for everyone who owns an Ebay store.

If your ebay store has categories (and if it doesn't, it should), Ebay allows you to SEO the actual categories so that the search engine can better understand it's contents.

The only problem is, that right now, your categories SEO will be filled with random rubbish that will actually be confusing the algorithm, Ebay will have populated all the SEO fields with information that is not relevant to the category.

To edit these category SEO fields, and increase relevant traffic to your store, do the following:

1 Open your Ebay store using the door icon next to your reviews.

2 Click "Manage My Shop.

3 Click "Search Engine Keywords".

4 You will see your categories. Click on the right hand side where is says "Edit keywords for xxxx category".

5 Notice how it is currently filled with cr*p? Exactly, remove all that and fill up the 6 boxes with correct category keywords.

6 Click save.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

this is John.

Thank you for sharing that info.

I did not know how to do that.

I will try that and see if it helps.

Thanks again,

regards,

John.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just wanted to say thank you very much for sharing this information, really appreciate this since I did not know about this. 🙂

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

thanks for the info! :] very handy to know - have done some updating. will be interesting to see if it makes any sort of difference.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Does this still work on 2021?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply