Ebay Seller Dashboard changes - Ebay gets it wrong!

So, I sell a lot on Ebay.  Over 1100 transactions, totalling $330k

Today I notice my last two sales are on delayed funding.  I won't get the money until a month after the purchase.  Ebay/Paypal are withholding it.

Their reason - a 3.75% Transaction Defect Rate has mysteriously appeared on my account.  5 of 145 transactions were cancelled without supply.  All 5 were cancelled because buyers changed their mind, and I let them out of the transaction, but according to Ebay, they're assuming they were cancelled due to me not having stock of the item.  Which is wrong.

So, their solution is to withhold my funds.  Which means, I'm not going to ship the two items until the funds clear.  They're not helping the buyer, they're hindering the buyer because they're inaccurately punishing the seller.

I can no longer do the online chat with an ebay representative (can't find it and they don't provide it as an option).  I do not want to phone an offshore call centre.  I will just close the store.

I have no idea why they've made these changes.....

And before the 'experts' come out and criticise....

All 5 cancellations were initiated by me, because the buyer would not do so, nor would they pay.  All 5 were processed as "I have not received payment and wish to cancel an item" at least 3 weeks after the purchase was made, after waiting out the unpaid item dispute resolution.  They were also initiated by me in order to get the seller fees refunded.

Ebay's practices had this being my only option.

I've sold over 1100 items on ebay, totalling $330k.  100% rating with excellent shipping performance.  But today, they decided it wasn't good enough.

Sucks really.  Just surprised.  We had a good thing going, but I'm not waiting weeks for payments.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay Seller Dashboard changes - Ebay gets it wrong!

My new dashboard reads .63% defects because items have been returned.

Not one return was my fault, some buyers can't or don't know how to read.

My neg feedback was for a buyer bought a part for his 2001 model engine and the listing clearing stated 'to suit 1984-1996' and when i pointed this out he said i was being aggressive.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, I closed the UPI's, they allowed me to close the dispute after waiting their mandatory time period.  I always get the fee's credited so it's being done right.

Still no contact from Ebay. 

And the two items I sold on Monday prior to removing all my listings (which made me notice the payments were being witheld for 21 days)  are still witheld.  

Ebay suggests in order to get the money released, to mark the items as shipped and provide tracking details.  Well I've done that on both the myebay portal and on the paypal website... And guess what?  Money still witheld.

It's all gone south.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Ring Paypal to get the payment released.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

You can only request the money to be released after the tracking shows as delivered. As soon as you see that, get on the blower to PayPal and they will release while you are on the phone. If they don't, lodge a dispute with the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Services). If you upload your tracking numbers into PayPal as well as eBay, often they will release the funds automatically.

You can't hold off posting until the funds are released. It would be the quickest way to get more defects and bad feedback. It's not the buyers fault PayPal have decided to hold your funds.

If you have got defects for opening and closing an unpaid item dispute, then you need to speak to eBay on the phone as that shouldn't happen. Did you open an unpaid item dispute, or cancel (entirely different things)? Either way, you need to speak to eBay on the phone. Get them to call you back. If you have received enough defects to push you to below standard and none of them are your fault, they should remove them. If you have no luck with the first person you speak to, call back and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@pick-up-parts wrote:

I don't like where they are going with these changes. I spent years building my ebay accounts, it should not be as easy as getting a few items arriving late, out of stock items or refunds to have an account restricted. Holding funds is unacceptable to established accounts.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@ggearstore wrote:

@pick-up-parts wrote:

I don't like where they are going with these changes. I spent years building my ebay accounts, it should not be as easy as getting a few items arriving late, out of stock items or refunds to have an account restricted. Holding funds is unacceptable to established accounts.

I've had an item arrive a day late but marked it as received in time and notified the seller,(they post via letter

rate).

They replied and said that they will have to look at postage and may need to extend their handling time to

ensure items arrive on time.

I buy from them on a regular basis and all items have always arrived within their stated 5 day estimate except

for this one which took 6 days.

I bought on Friday evening and they posted on Monday morning,(the earliest they could do so).

So through no fault of theirs they would've received a defect because Australia Post took too long too

deliver it,(doesn't make sense to me)stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I sell on 4 different platforms and would have a perfect DSR besides 6 'defects' for cancelling sales because i was out of stock.

I make no apologies for this..........

Today I made 2 small Ebay / Paypal sales only to find the funds withheld for up to 21 days when i tried to withdraw them.

I phoned Paypal and they told me that they wanted advice that the goods have been received before releasing the funds.

Thats simply unnaceptable !!!!!!

Who is profiting from the interest on the millions of dollars in witheld funds ?

My response to Paypal and Ebay was that i won't send the goods until the funds are available and in the meantime I will advise the customers why their goods havent been posted.

My opinion is that most changes that ebay initiate are aimed squarely at looking after buyers at the expense of sellers

Luckily I also take merchant credit card so if this isn't fixed quickly i will simply stop accepting paypal.  

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

If you wait until the funds are cleared before you post, expect negative feedback. It's not the buyers fault you cancelled orders for out of stock and got hit with a heap of defects, why should they be the ones punished? It was your stuff up that caused this, you need to wear the consequences. Don't list stuff you don't have.

Besides, sending the item when you should, you can get the funds released as soon as tracking shows delivered..........a lot less than 21 days (usually).

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply