Ebay Shipping

Hi, does anyone know if you are charged GST on eBay Shipping labels if you are registered GST exempt on selling fees?

My invoice doesnt show any GST, but thought it would, as Australia Post show GST in the price

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay Shipping

Maybe there's no requirement for ebay to show the GST because they're not really selling you the postage. They're more or less acting a broker or middle man and you're still buying it from AP.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay Shipping

Yes thank you, I spoke with eBay and they said it didn't include GST which didn't make sense to me, so I just found this https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/creating-postage-labels-ebay and the price includes GST

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay Shipping

Did this get resolved? I know you used to be able to get a Tax Invoice for each postage label (not available immediately, had to wait until it was all processed, maybe after the item was delivered). But now with the new eBay managed payment system I can't find anywhere that shows that postage labels include GST, and Tax Invoices for Postage Labels don't seem available anymore. And the link above doesn't work anymore.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply