Ebay Sold/Paid then ebay say image copyright

Hi All, I sold an item a few days ago, buyer has fully paid for the item and we have been in contact, today I received an email saying the listing was removed due to copyright on the listing image.

I didn't even think so its my bad, but just wanted to confirm a few things,

First I have emailed ebay but the response is 24/48 hours and they say I cannot call for this. As of now the money is still in my paypal and I have emailed the buyer to state what emails I received and to adv. that I have emailed ebay to confirm and that I still intend to 100% send the item.

This is the part I want to know, the item is fully removed from my views in ebay I assume also his, Does this mean the item is 100% canceled and paypal will be refunded, or does this point from the email state that the sale was still final just listing removed

*extract from email* After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action: - Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message. - We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s) Thanks for any advice

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay Sold/Paid then ebay say image copyright

When eBay removes a listing after it has sold, the buyer is notified but they aren't really told why it happened (the email eBay sends out can actually be unnecessarily confusing or even alarming for buyers, unfortunately, as the basic jist of it is "the listing may - or may not - have been fraudulent. Don't pay for it, but if you already have, the seller will probably send it and you'll receive it soon, but if you don't, open a dispute", so it's good if you can keep in touch with the buyer and let them know what's happening to put their mind at ease, since some buyers will panic and open a dispute).

As far as I know, while the transaction disappears from both your and the buyer's history on eBay, it doesn't get cancelled and can proceed as normal, and the money won't be automatically refunded in these kinds of circumstances (the buyer would have to open, and win, a case either with eBay or PayPal, for that to happen, unless you opt to voluntarily refund).

Personally, from here I'd first contact the buyer and make sure the they were comfortable proceeding with the transaction, plus send the item with tracking if it wasn't going to have it already. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When eBay removes a listing after it has sold, the buyer is notified but they aren't really told why it happened (the email eBay sends out can actually be unnecessarily confusing or even alarming for buyers, unfortunately, as the basic jist of it is "the listing may - or may not - have been fraudulent. Don't pay for it, but if you already have, the seller will probably send it and you'll receive it soon, but if you don't, open a dispute", so it's good if you can keep in touch with the buyer and let them know what's happening to put their mind at ease, since some buyers will panic and open a dispute).

As far as I know, while the transaction disappears from both your and the buyer's history on eBay, it doesn't get cancelled and can proceed as normal, and the money won't be automatically refunded in these kinds of circumstances (the buyer would have to open, and win, a case either with eBay or PayPal, for that to happen, unless you opt to voluntarily refund).

Personally, from here I'd first contact the buyer and make sure the they were comfortable proceeding with the transaction, plus send the item with tracking if it wasn't going to have it already. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply

I have emailed the buyer and also just sent a follow up as I checked the fees on my ebay and they are still listed for this item so what you said is correct,

I have advised the buyer I will be 100% sending the item and adding tracking, will await a reply but due to be sent tomorrow i will go ahead with it,

Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply