Ebay buyer wants to pick up item?

bnew0112
Community Member

I sold an item and the buyer wants to pick up the item instead. I did not orginally choose pick up for  the postage option so what should I do now? Is there a way to change the option or should I tell him I need the money in cash?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you're happy for the buyer to come and collect the item, tell them you prefer cash. Once they've agreed, send an invoice and change the postage option to local pick up in the dropdown and change the postage to $0.00. After they've picked the item up, mark the item as payment received and also mark it as posted.

If they pay by PayPal, then there are a few risks for you. As the item was not offered as local pick up, they could open a claim for item not received. As you can't prove postage, they will win any dispute. Even though they will have inspected the item and then chosen to take it, they could still open a not as described dispute against you.

Most of the time pick ups got smoothly, but there is also a chance that they will stuff you around with pick up times. I would tell them that they have to pick up on this date between these times or they could forget to turn up.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

ok thanks that was very helpful

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you didn't offer pick up, you don't need to accept it if you don't want to.

Otherwise arrange a time with the buyer and cash on pick up is best.

After item is picked up, just send an invoice with 0.00 in the postage section then mark as paid.

Mark as sent and leave feedback if you wish.

That concludes the transaction.

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply