Ebay finding yet more ways to ruin sales

comcol
Community Member

So Ebay introduces these 'new seller levels' where they decide what is good and bad rather then buyers.
12 years of top seller performance gone over night because Ebay uses these ridiculous defect rate/late shipment levels. 
Never mind that every single one was not a problem as there are often valid reasons.
Buyers had not a single problem with anything. Zero negative. Zero neutrals. Nothing. As there was no issue.
Yet. Ebay thinks my account is now below average. End of sale as a result.
It is time Ebay stopped trying to protect favoured sellers by destroying others and allow buyers to be the ones who judge a seller. Not some computer which makes error after error and does not take situation into account. (example where a buyer asks for something different in order which takes an extra day to send)

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In order to combat this we have extended our handling time out to three days but we still mail out the same day as payment is received if we can do it.
We've not had a single late delivery point since this started and almost all our stuff is large letter without tracking.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

By the way if you are using tracking and your lodgement scan event is inside your stated handling time then eBay will remove these points for you, but you need to call them to discuss it.
If you are not lodging over the counter then I'd strongly recommend you do so for this very reason.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Agree with Clarry - once I extended my handling time out to 5 days, I only recieved one late arrival "defect" in the last 12 months and almost 1000 transactions. If you read my feedback, many of them comment on the speedy shipment!

Aus Post takes at least 8 business days for mail, so extended your handling will give you a good buffer.

I have not seen any drop in sales since I did that last year and in fact I'm up about 15% in sales over the last 12 months.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply