Ebay is not good with math!!!

I have just sold an item and instead of $123.50 in total ebay shows its total cost as $254.20. It is completely wrong with postage shown as $66.80 while it was set to $24.50. It shows though correct extra $10.60 added to the invoice and the buyer has actually paid $123.50 through paypal. So where did this $254.20 come from?

See picture below. Its not only wrong in this sale record details, it is also wrong in in Awaiting shipment  list in Sales Manager. Would you say, not a big deal? I would not because I use sales manager to record total sum for each month sales and give it to my accountant for taxes. Now, depending on my annual income I will have to pay up to extra $40 in taxes from $120 extra ebay added to this sale out of nowhere.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

According to ebay,you haven't sold a single item in the last 15 days-Friday gremlins ??

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Looks like something got doubled.  That is why it is not a good idea to do anything on eBay on Friday = maintenance day.  Everything goes haywire.  Just leave it till tomorrow and I bet it will be back to normal.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Looks like something got doubled.  That is why it is not a good idea to do anything on eBay on Friday = maintenance day.  Everything goes haywire.  Just leave it till tomorrow and I bet it will be back to normal.

I have fixed it already by changing shipping to correct amount in this sale details. I was lucky to notice it because the total sum of all items that must be shipped looked unbelievable high.

BTW, I checked FVF and they charged it from the correct total cost.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

This occurs when the customer goes through checkout twice.

The buyer purchased 52 items at $1.70 each.

As the postage on the listing has been set at $1.50 plus 80c per additional item the postage calculated by ebay would have come up at $42.30

If you had then invoiced them with a postage amount of $24.50 (which when added to the $42.30 comes to the $66.80 showing) and the buyer went through checkout the amount they paid would have been correct but for some reason the ebay checkout system shows a combined amount which adds up the cost to both times they went through checkout.

ie Items Purchased - $88.40 + $88.40 plus postage of $42.30 + $24.80. Then added to this is the $10.60 from under sellers other charges. From the buyers ends the amount paid is only what is on the invoice which you sent to the buyer but the invoice itself is totally confusing for everyone.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply