Ebay links totally screwed up

I just asked a seller a question about used Dell laptop 10 minutes before their auction ends and received their reply after it ended.

What surprises me is even though eBay sent the seller's reply with a correct item picture and title attached when I click on the item in a sellers reply it goes to completely different non branded laptop offered by another seller. Why ebay is redirecting me to completelly wrong item I have no idea but it is not cool. If it was not ended and I was happy to buy it after the sellers reply  I may not even pay attention to what item I have been redirected.

Be carefull guys as you may be affected by the same error.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay links totally screwed up

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If an item ends and you did not win/buy it ebay takes you to a completely different item and tells you it may be of interest to you.

It has happened to me a few times recently....I wanted to see the bidding history after I was outbid.

It is beyond annoying....it really is turning me off ebay now.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Its happening a lot and is extremely annoying,also the view and watch lists are totally stuffed,has ebay gone on holidays.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If they went on holidays, we may not be having so many problems. LOL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It does indeed show a message that it has ended above eBay suggestion but I would rather expect to see the item I I am interested and send a message to a seller about not something else. Especially in this case when the item has not been sold at all.

I think eBay has become an "expert" in Computer technology similar to their Best matches in search shown completelly different products.

What they are trying to recommend costs more and not even close to the specs in everything including a processor(ATOM X5 vs i7) and 32GB of RAM instead for 256GB of SSD.
Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yep, annoys the living tripe out of me.

BUT... When you get redirected to the item eBay think will do instead, go up to the blue box that says "The listing you're looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.", and click on "listing" - that'll take you to the ended item you were actually looking for.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

That's right.

The only problem is that, if you are looking at a number of listings, it takes several extra clicks & a fair bit more time.

Why do they have to fix?????? things that aren't broken 😞
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply