Ebay not allowing case to be closed

What kind of scam is ebay trying to pull now? I have a case that the buyer has not responded to after the 7th day and I can not end the case,glitches or no glitches this is pathetic,so many problems on ebay,who's running the show MONKEYS????
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay not allowing case to be closed

@collective05 wrote:

When I opened the case it said that after 7 days if no response from the buyer you may then come back and close the case,have ebay changed it to 8 days now?

It's always been technically 8 days, as far as I know. It's a little confusing when you look up the info - before I had a buyer that never responded to a cancellation request, I was under the impression that I could close the case on the 7th day, but in practice, the buyer has 7 full days to respond, and the seller can take action after that, which means on the 8th day - it's to the hour, though, i.e. 7 x 24 hours, so if open in the morning on a Monday, you should be able to close the following Monday afternoon.

You can tell if you're able to take action on a case by the status, which changes from "awaiting buyer's response" or similar, to something like "you can close this case now" or "take action / receive fee credit". 

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How long has the case been open for? It doesn't matter when you open it, it has to remain open for 4 days from when you open in, not 4 days from purchase. If you go back in to try and close it, up the top of that page where you can tick yes or no, it should give you a date and exact time for when you can close it.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Are you sure it's 7 days to the exact second that you opened the cancellation request?
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Yes it is plus 35min past the time opened 7 days ago.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Might sound silly ... buy they haven't paid, have they?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

No the buyer hasn't paid

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I would ring eBay then.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Is there a message of any kind at the top of the yes/no close page?

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I think it is on the 8th day that this case can be closed

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I have their response was due to the ebay site glitches of late you might need to give it more time

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply