Ebay not paying out funds!

Anyone else having trouble getting their funds from the new Ebay direct to bank payment system?

A week after making a sale I have still not received my funds. For a number of days now I have been talking to Ebay online chat and am continuously being told that I will see the cash within 24 hours, which has not happened.

The old "cheque in the post" excuse comes to mind!

Probably time to look at other online sales avenues now.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Apart from the item a week ago, how long ago was it you last sold something on the account in question?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

couple of years ago. I gave it a rest for a while and have just returned - but I'm not sure about staying now.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you are not a regular seller, Ebay will hold your funds for at least 21 days. You will still need to post within your handling time. It has been this way for ages now an is part of the Terms and Conditions.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In that case, eBay consider you a new seller

I am not sure why eBay told you 24 hours, unless they know something new(or that is what their script told them to say)

Just as they would if I went back to selling on my other account, been a over a year for me so despite me selling for 15 years before that, I would be 'new' under eBay rules 

If the buyer leaves you positive feedback and you upload the tracking, that *may* get your funds released earlier 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Wow, thanks for feedback! That makes sense considering all my previous experiences with Ebay. But at no time did the Ebay online chat guys ever say any of this, but that's probably unsurprising. Luckily I do not rely on Ebay for a living. Will give it a while and see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply