Ebay or Aus Post increase fees?

I have purchased a bunch of e-bay small satchels that I use for selling my items.  In the past I have printed the labels and been charged $8.65. Today I print a label and it's $9.15. As I charge $10 for postage and E-Bay takes an 11% slice that means I only recieve $8.90 from the seller. From memory the satchels cost 15c each so my postage cost is now $9.30 so I'm now losing on postage. Is this an Aus Post increase or EBay increasing their profits? Either way, wuld have been nice to get a heads up from E-Bay so I could have changed the postage on the listing.Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, just realised this topic has been posted recently but scanned past the header. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Australia Post put up their charges,  it's being very well advertised at our post office

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yes no discounts at all now using eBay labels if you select Australia Post - a flat $9.15 everywhere in Australia which is the same as the post office. Like many here, I have moved to Australia Post Business post as they offer zone and volume discounts.  Not sure if it is common knowledge but there is a AP promotion at the moment offering band 3 discounts for 3 months which has 30% discounts for same city parcels as well as discounts for other locations. I was signed up by our local post office - might be worth an ask

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Unfortunately using Bands doesn't help as i only send 4-6 parcels a month, at different times and different locations.  It's still convenient to use the EBay labelling which uplaods tracking automatically but annoyed the discount has gone. Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You might be eligible for Band 1 savings at Aust Post My Post?     1 parcel a week for 8 weeks.     It saves 5% which is still worth saving, in these tight times.

And if you sign up to the  My Post it automatically inserts the tracking numbers back into your ebay orders,  just like the ebay labelling does.   You can import ebay orders, so that the address is automatically added.  

Its free and simple to use.

https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply