Ebay refunds buyer full amount of auction despite item not being returned.

comcol
Community Member

Ebay up to their usual stealing.

Sold a computer desktop to scammer.

Guy claimed power supply not what was advertised (which it was) but refuses to return system.

He then sends back a power supply which is not mine. 

Ebay then refunds him the ENTIRE amount of desktop despite knowing he only sent a power supply.

The messages from the scammer state he is only sending power supply etc. I even send Ebay photos of the returned parcel (which was 1.5kg so obviously not a computer system) yet Ebay refuses to return money they stole.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Victorian Consumer & Customer comission would be the answer even go to VICat.They will be paying all money back + application fees.!!

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

There is a significant burden of proof required.

As the OP is in NSW, I doubt VICat would have any interest. Or jurisdiction, unless the buyer is in Victoria, which would cost the OP significant travel costs. Victoria is not the centre of the world.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

wow buy a new or refurbished computer, send back a power supply from an old broken computer and get the FULL amount including postage returned to you - geez i may have to reconsider shopping on ebay if ebay give away such great free stuff - it's like getting fresh fruit for rotting vegetables.  I'm guessing as a business owner you have factored in this kind of theft into your profits but i have no idea how someone could sustain it.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

There is a significant burden of proof required.

As the OP is in NSW, I doubt VICat would have any interest. Or jurisdiction, unless the buyer is in Victoria, which would cost the OP significant travel costs. Victoria is not the centre of the world.

I saw that! Heresy.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Try Acorn as that should be regarded as fraud and or theft by their own message of only sending back a power

supply.

Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network:

https://www.acorn.gov.au/

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay need to seriously look at these dodgy returns. Too many from all directions.  There is virtually no fairness in dispute processes to sellers.

Lodge an appeal against the dispute, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Make sure you include the emails from the buyer

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

Just as update. 
Ebay eventually refunded the payment after threats of legal action. But it took a lot of emails and calls.

It was an Ebay refund payment so I gather that means the buyer still pocketed the money as well.

A lot of these issues could be solved in sellers were allowed to leave negative feedback again. It's the only fair system.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

the worst part is why should you have to go such rubbish - who has time to be doing this - this makes selling on ebay not worth it (i have given up selling here and only occasionally buy) - my time is worth more than this rubbish.  Glad you ggot your money back-you should be sending ebay a bill for your time - most IT people earn over $100 an hour - you should charge them at this rate

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply